Safe?-1

Spencer

Will and I stood on the docks, waiting. In truth we hated meeting with the man we were waiting for. He trafficked girls, selling them off to the highest bidder. We met with him in the hopes we could help some of the girls he takes.

After about thirty minutes he showed up, dragging two girls who appeared to be around my age with him. One was taller than the other with red hair. The shorter of the two was blonde. Both were bound, gagged and blindfolded as was the usual with him. And both had clearly been beaten. Recently.

I glanced at Will, who nodded faintly, before walking over to the man. "This is a change." I hmmed. "Usually you only bring me one."

"This one wouldn't leave the other behind. She put up a fight." He tugged on the rope around the red heads neck. It's how he kept them 'in line' when he was 'doing business.' The girl let out a faint growl when he moved her, straining against the restraints on her wrists. "She's a fighter. But I imagine she's good enough to fuck. Might just have to tie her down first."

It disgusted me. How he talked about women like that without even flinching. "And the other one?" My eyes drifted to the blonde girl, who was trembling almost violently.

"Mm she's a nice one. Too timid to try and go against orders." He pushed the girl forward. "She'd probably do whatever you told her to."

The girl shook even more, and I could hear her start to cry. I had to get them away from him.

"What do you want for them?" I crossed my arms.

He told me a price and I just nodded, catching the pouch of money Will had tossed me and handing it to him. "Here. I'll deal with them from here."

He let go of the ropes he'd tied around their necks and walked off.

The second he was out of sight Will walked over, knife in hand as he pulled the red heads blindfold off. The girl immediately tried to step away from him, glaring at him faintly.

"Hey, calm down. I'm just trying to cut you loose okay?" He pulled the gag out of her mouth as I knelt down to the other girl, who'd dropped down onto her knees.

"Hey. Hey shh. You're safe." I gently pulled the blindfold off, immediately being met with stunning grey eyes that were full of tears. "You're alright. You're safe now. I've got you." I pulled the gag out of her mouth. "Is it okay if I use my knife to cut the ties? Or do you want me to just untie them?" Some of the injuries I saw on her were from knives. It was so easy to tell based on their shape.

"Un-untie them-" Her voice was hoarse as she replied, shaking. I gently untied her wrists, which was mildly difficult due to her shaking but I didn't want to scare her by just cutting them.

"I just have to get the one around your neck now okay? Then we'll get you some clothes, some food, and a safe place to rest alright?"

She nodded a little, looking up at who I assumed was her friend. She was now completely free from her bindings, having had extra ties around her elbows that had also tied her arms to her torso. My guess was that she had put up enough of a fight he didn't want to risk her breaking loose.

I gently reached for the knot, noticing how she flinched back when my hands got near her neck. "Shh. It's alright. You're safe I promise." I gently untied the knot and moved back, standing up.

I stood next to Will as the red haired girl gently pulled the other to her feet, protectively wrapping an arm around her shoulders. Both were dressed in what was basically scraps of fabric that I assume had once been white. "What are your names?"

The taller of the two looked up. "Emily. This is Lilah." She kept her arm around Lilah, clearly protective of her.

"Alright. I'm Spencer, that's Will." I nodded to him as I said his name. "C'mon. We'll get you some clothes, food, and a safe place to sleep."

Emily nodded and followed Will and I onto the ship, not once letting go of Lilah.

"Will, go find them some clothes if you will." I looked at my friend, who nodded and walked off. "I'm sorry this happened to you." I looked back at the girls.

"Are you? You make business with that man." Emily glared at me slightly, her arm tightening around Lilah.

I let out a sigh. "I do. But not for that of my own gain. I'm not going to sit by and watch him sell women and even young girls to people who would hurt them. I can't save them all, but I save who I can. I knew the second I saw the two of you that I was going to get you away from him, I just had to make it look like I was debating it because he'd catch on if I wasn't careful."

Emily just nodded, her arm curled around Lilah.

They may not trust us, but that won't stop me from helping them.