Chapter 23

“If I’m about to pop at six months pregnant, what’s gonna happen when I’m nine months?” I question in a worried manner, I can’t fit into any shirts and when I was five and a half months I was so small, I don’t understand how a baby can grow that much in three weeks.

I’ve been wearing oversized sweaters and big sweatshirts like Joey’s and Ashton’s and Luke’s and you can still see the size of my stomach in them. “Well that’s why a child comes out at nine months” Luke tries to assure me but it doesn’t at all.
“Well, I’m scared of the baby coming out too so thanks for that”
“I don’t know what you’re so scared about, Kenz, you’ll have medication and doctors helping you” Calum smiles at me but I glare at him.
“You’re not having a baby come out of your penis now are you, Cal?”
“Babies don’t come out of penis’s” I groan and try and stand but it takes me a few minutes to actually get up.

I’ve told the boys that they don’t need to help me all the time. Whenever I get up they still reach out their arms to help but they don’t come unless I actually tell them to which I’ve only done once.

I actually have to hold the railing going up the stairs or else I might fall backwards and tumble down them which wouldn’t be good at all. Going down the stairs, I can’t see my feet so I have to hold the railing and take my time with that too.

“Calum and I are going to go play some video games so call if you need us!” Michael yells as him and Calum run out the door.
“I’m going to the store for a few. Luke, you’ll be here right?” Ashton asks and Luke nods.
“Wait, Ash, aren’t Madi and Lauren here?” I ask
“No, they went out with friends and Harry and Mason are with dad and Melissa” he informs me. Ashton slips out the door quickly and I look to Luke.

“Can you get me my favorite blanket upstairs?” I ask Luke and he smiles and nods.

I hear a knock on the door. Ashton must have forgotten something. I open the door and see my dad. “What are you doing here?” I ask him and he looks around my surroundings and back at me. He then look down to see my huge bump and looks up at me with a glare.

“How dare you, embarrass me like this. You have no responsibility” I squint and almost ask what he’s talking about but he hit me before I could say another word. “You disgust me” another hit. I ended up falling on my butt. “You have always been this disappointment” he says but this time kicks me in the rib and I swear I feel Madalynn kick back which makes that pain worse. “You horrible child” he kicked me in the stomach this time.

“Hey!” I hear Luke yell. He looks to Jason and then back to me and he runs down the stairs and tries to help me up but my father keeps talking non-sense and trying to kick me so Luke finally stands up and punches him. I thought he’d be done but he wasn’t he repeatedly punched him as if he was in the ring or using a punching bag. “Next time” Luke punched him again. “You’ll stay” another two punches “the fuck away” another three punches. “from my family” another punch and Jason is out the door.

“Mackenzie, are you okay?” he asks and tries to help me up from the floor but I scream out in pain as a pain hits my stomach and Luke’s face drops as he’s afraid he’s hurt me.

What if Madalynn is dead or badly injured? “Mackenzie, I have to get you to a hospital” Luke whispers. He picks me up which must be hard for him to do and I make a noise to tell him it hurts. I can’t breathe very well at the moment so I can’t talk.

Ashton was always nice to me, until he got angry. Ashton was always angry at me for one reason or another. He’s not like Luke and aggressive while fighting, he’s just always angry at the end of the day. I can’t have him lash out on Madalynn, I can’t have him lash out on me. Luke is looking better than Ashton right now.