Chapter 22

I am now five and a half months pregnant. Since the baby will be coming in three and a half months we decided to name the baby.

Today Luke’s family is coming over to help name the baby and of course all of my family is already here.

After we figure out a name we’re going to have dinner –which my mom is cooking now as she waits for the Hemmings –they won’t come for another hour and I take this time to get ready.

Right now I’m still great friends with Luke and we’re super close and I’m still really good with Ashton and we’re super close as well.

Lauren and Madison are downstairs doing each other’s make-up since their other half of the family basically is coming over and my mom said they need to make a good first impression, though Madison has been to the Hemmings house already.

Mason and Harry are taking their showers and getting ready too and Ashton is helping them and me. Ashton and I don’t have make impressions at all, Ashton has known the Hemmings since he was a child and I’ve known them for a year or two but never really got close to them until the baby.

I have three families now, the Hemmings’, the Irwin’s, and my own.

I took a shower and did my make-up to look somewhat impressive and then went downstairs to find all of my family in the living room.

Lauren is wearing a light blue sweater and Aztec leggings with a gray scarf. She was wearing her normal makeup like foundation but Madison added a bit more with her eye makeup. Usually Lauren with wear mascara and foundation but today she was wearing that with her eye shadow which was a shimmery gold and a non-shimmery brown that went in her crease and she also had eyeliner on but without a wing. Her hair was just wavy curls but it looks really nice.

Madison is wearing medium jeans and a tight light gray long sleeve shirt with a blue scarf. Her makeup is somewhat the natural look for her, she did a smoky eye with her eye shadow today and she also did her eyebrows and the rest of her face. Madison’s hair was in a nice waterfall braid and her hair was curly.

Harry was wearing jeans and a black dress shirt and so was Mason, their blue eyes popped with the black shirt which made them look similar, except Harry’s hair was a bit lighter and curly whereas Mason had darker hair and it was straight. They could easily pass as twins.

Ashton was wearing skinny jeans of course but instead of a band tee like usual he wore a white shirt with a jean jacket. His hair was nice and curly like usual too.

My mom wore a nice blue dress and she wore a gold eye shadow, she wasn’t much of a foundation person so she didn’t wear any of that and her hair was half up and half down which was beautiful with her hair.

Joey wore jeans and a white dress up shirt and when I came down they were all standing there waiting for me. I was wearing teal jeans and a tight dark gray layered long sleeve shirt which showed my baby bump quite nicely and made me look fancy and elegant. My hair was curled and half up, half down.

I heard a knock on the door so I walked further down the stairs to answer it and my family stood up behind me.

Calum and Michael walked in first. Calum and Michael were wearing skinny jeans which didn’t surprise me, like Ashton. Calum was wearing a white t-shirt and black vest and Michael was wearing a black t-shirt and a leather jacket.

Next to walk in was the Hemmings’ brothers. Jack and Ben wore jeans and a white dress shirt with a tie but Luke wore skinny jeans and a flannel which was the usual for him.

Liz and Andrew came in next and Liz was wearing a black dress and Andrew wore jeans with a black dress up shirt.

I hugged Calum and Michael when they walked in and then Luke “You look beautiful” he told me and I smiled. I shook Ben and Jack’s hands since I don’t know them as well and I hugged Andrew and then Liz who both told me the same thing as Luke. I sat down on my couch alone since I was the only one who greeted everyone so far.

Madison shook everyone’s hands and then came over and sat on the couch opposite of me. Lauren was after Madison and she hugged Calum, Michael, and Luke but shook the Hemming’s hands and then sat down next to Madison. Mason and Joey hugged the boys but shook the parents hands and then they sat next to Madison and Lauren.

My mom hugged Calum, Michael, and Luke and then shook Liz and Andrew’s hands and Ben and Jack’s and so did Joey but he shook the boys hands as well. Joey stood over the couch that was opposite of mine and so did Andrew, Ben, and Jack.

Luke came and sat on my left and Ashton sat on my right. Michael sat next to Ashton and Calum sat next to Luke. Liz and my mom sat next to Calum and Michael but everyone was turned towards me.

“So, you’re now five and a half months pregnant right?” Liz asked and I nodded with a small smile.
“And how exactly do you plan to do this?” my mom asked. I took a deep breathe.
“Well, since Ashton and Luke are both very important in this situation and to me I want the name to have an L and an A. And since my family starts with M’s I wanted it to start with an M. The baby is supposed to be a girl so I was thinking Madeleine but I want to spell it in a nicer way” I tell them.

“Well, isn’t your middle name Lynn?” I nod to Liz’s question.
“Then why don’t you spell it M-A-D-A-L-Y-N-N?” she asks and I write it down on paper to see if I like it. I do, I actually love it being spelled that was but I feel like it needs another L for Luke.

“What’s everyone’s opinions on the name?” I ask.

“I love the idea and the way to spell it” Joey says which Andrew nods to, agreeing with him and so do Ben and Jack.
“I love it!” Mason cheers and Harry high-fives him.
“I like it a lot but I think you should spell it M-A-D-E-L-Y-N instead and it’s weird because Madi is my nickname and Lynn is your middle name but it’s up to you” Madison says.
“You should spell it M-A-D-I-L-Y-N” Lauren says.
“I love the idea” my mom tells me.
“Can Madalynn’s middle name be Calum?” Calum asks and I laugh.
“No it should be Michael” Michael tells Calum.
“It already starts with an M” Calum whines.
“I love it” Luke tells me.
“So do I” Ashton says.
“What would the nickname and middle name be?” Liz asks.
“I kind of like Madalynn Lexi Hemmings” I say and everyone nods. “The nickname would probably be Linnie” I tell them to which they nod again. We all stand up and go to the dinner table.

Luke. He hurt me, he basically abused me. How do I know he won’t do that to Madalynn, how do I know he won’t do it to me again? He hasn’t recently. When he’s not fighting, he’s fine, normal. When he is fighting, he’s violent, aggressive, hurtful, and he isn’t caring or kind. If I stop him from fighting for good, he’ll always be the nice Luke that I started to like in the first place, but Ashton.