Stupid Cupid!

Sorry for being gone so long!
Have a Valentines Chapter <3
——————————————
——————————————

It was Valentines day. Today was extra special because of that! Not only is the pizza plex decorated for the occasion, but the daycare was as well. Sun had spent all night cutting out paper hearts from construction paper, and hanging streamers. Goodie bags were made for the kids, and Sun and Moon had been dressed in slightly different clothing. It looked like their usual attire, but instead of the normal colors, they were covered in pinks, reds, and white. It was pretty cute, you had to admit.

Moon even seemed excited oddly enough. He was usually never this happy over a stupid holiday.

You made your way down the steps carefully, hand over your stomach as you took in the decor.

¨I like what you two have done to the place...it looks adorable¨

Suns rays spun excitedly at your compliment, and Moon crossed his arms and gave a smile.

¨Oh I am so glad you like it, Sunbite! We are sure the little ones will love it too!- I have so many things planned! So many! We are going to make valentines! We can use the red and pink glitter glue, and I already have the hearts precut-¨

He kept rambling, telling all of his kind plans for today.

¨What about you, Moon? What are the plans for the Naptime area?¨

He seemed to think for a minute, coming up behind you to envelope you in a warm hug.

¨Sleep, obviously. Maybe a story. Haven't decided yet~¨ He entwined his fingers in your hair, coming through the soft strands as he glanced over at Sun.

¨It would make my job a lot easier if that knucklehead would give them candy after naptime. Not before-¨ He grumbled, and you found yourself chuckling.

¨I'm sure a 2 foot toddler won't be the death of you. Their sugar rush won't last forever, and besides, with all the plans Sun has, I am 99.9% sure that they will be exhausted for you¨

That seemed to reassure him enough.

¨True. Do you want to help out in the daycare today?¨

Moon let go of you, heading towards the nap area slowly.

¨Sure! It seems like fun. I don't have anything else to do after all¨

Sun put the finishing touches on the craft table, and placed his hands on his hips with pride. The animatronic stood back in order to admire his work, Turning around to flash you a smile before the doors opened up, and the little ones came sliding down into the ballpit.

This would be a good day.

They even had some music playing in the background.

Despite all the cheerfulness however, something seemed to be...missing. You weren't sure what, but the atmosphere just felt...off

¨Oh Y/N, can you help me with putting on a movie?¨ Sun was just the cutest in his little valentines day outfit. It really suited him.

¨Of course, Sunny...Any particular requests?~¨ You teased, and he tugged at his collar bashfully.

¨Just something themed after the holiday, please! Some of the kids are too little to do the crafts so I want to make sure they all have fun¨

What a sweetheart.

Moon was watching over some sleeping kids, a book loosely held in his hands as he glanced up to look at you, and seemed to look a bit frightened. Sun turned around when he saw Moon's gaze, and also seemed put off.

Hesitantly, you will yourself to turn around, and are greeted with Vanessa. She did not look excited to see you.

This couldn't be good.

¨keeping yourself busy I see¨

¨I try¨

She scoffed. ¨Believe me, I know you do. Anyway, I came to do a quick check up on my boys¨

Sun was very confused, feeling Vanessa's arm wrap around him. Moon stood up, pulling the rope on the ceiling to close the curtains. He obviously wasn't a fan of Vanessa.

Who could really blame him though? She was a bitch to everyone she met.

The blonde removed her hand from Sun's back, but you noticed that she had appeared to press something.

¨The little ones seem to be having a lot of fun. I think you might be a little old though, Y/N. You might want to act your age¨ She smiled, waving as she glanced towards the nap room, and headed out the wooden doors.

Odd indeed.

The only thing odder? Suns thousand miles stare towards the wall, and lack of enthusiasm.

¨Are you..doing alright, Sunny?¨

He failed to give you an immediate reaction. Facing towards you as his eyes scanned you over.

¨Do you have a Daycare Drop off or Pick up Pass? If not, you can collect one from the foyer! We are currently at Max capacity though, and the age requirement is in place for a reason after all, dear friend!¨

His hands pressed against your lower back, shoving you towards the door as ,Moon watched from around the corner. He seemed confused, and before you could call him over, you found yourself on the other side of the wooden doors.

What did she do to your Sunny...

You had not the slightest idea, but you now found yourself sat on the bench outside the daycare, head in your hands. A familiar hand pushed its way out of the exit, grabbing onto your forearm and dragging you back inside. Moon had come to your rescue, and he pulled you past the curtain without Sun seeing. All the kids that had once been sleeping were now gathered around the screen to watch cartoons.

He sat you down on one of the rocking chairs, grabbing a tissue to dry your tears.

¨Are you alright, Starlight?¨

You took a second to answer.

¨Of course I am- but i'm more worried about what could become of you-¨

Whatever Vanessa had used on Sun, she would Surely try with Moon.

That was one thing you certainly did not want to happen.

As you cried, the only sound filling the room was the faint sound of Stupid Cupid by Connie Francis.

Cupid wasnt the only stupid one here. Currently, Vanessa seemed to make a damn good runner up.