Sunshine

Now that you were alone, it was time to figure out how to actually get down to the daycare. There didn't seem to be any steps, or doors for that matter. The only thing you could see was a rainbow tube slide with the words "Slide into fun" written above it. You weren't sure how fun it actually looked, but the slide would have to be your ticket to the security desk you were stationed at, so down you went. Before applying you had never actually been here before. You wanted to check it out when it first opened, but you would have felt out of place considering you do not have any children, and you were an adult, so you had to pass. The ride down was pretty fast, and very quickly brought you out of your thoughts though when you made a not-so graceful landing into a large ball pit. Tonight seemed to be a little more fun already.

"At least the theme seems to be cute...it's like some kind of...pillow kingdom or something?" It looked like a very high budget and less greasy McDonald's play place. You liked it. Making sure to take note of your surroundings, you trudged your way through the rather deep ball pit towards the little rainbow ramp out. "Ho Ho Ho!" You heard the words echo throughout the daycare. Weren't you the only one here? Vanessa and Susan never mentioned anything about coworkers...or animatronics for that matter. Upon turning around, a tall and lanky sun animatronic came across your gaze. He seemed to be raising his hands above his head almost as if to prepare for a dive. Actually that was exactly what he was doing. "I didn't sign up for this shit- what is that!?" You yelled, mainly talking to yourself. That was before the sun jester clown thing actually decided to gracefully dive into the ball pit. The same ball pit you were currently stuck in. It certainly would have helped your psyche to know about Mr.Clown man thing robot before you slid down here. "What the hell- where did it-" you were cut off when two hands grabbed you from under your arms, and lifted you up, carrying you out of the colorful pit. Wasn't this a blast already? "Hello new friend! You're sure up late! Are we having a slumber party?" You were rather caught off guard by the...thing before you, and when he sat you down on the colorful padded floor, you stood up and brushed yourself off.  "Where are all your friends?" It finished. Seeming equally as curious, but less startled. Oddly enough, this robot seemed pretty...happy to see you?

"Listen here- I get paid to watch over the daycare, and check cameras. Im certainly not here for a play date." You spat. The sun seemed rather taken aback by your harsh tone. Ouch. "You got that...um..." you didn't know his name exactly. Hell, you didn't even know this thing existed until he decided to snatch you out of the ball pit. "Sun! My names Sun! But if you like, You can call me Sundrop, or Sunny! What's your name, new friend? Hmm?" He still seemed rather excited that you were here, despite you telling him you were working and not playing. Sun had thought he had seen you before, but he didn't have your name in his files. "My name is (Y/N)...and like I said, ...Sunny." You felt a little awkward calling him that. "I can't play. Besides, I'm an adult. I don't find the most joy in climbing around a jungle gym. I appreciate the enthusiasm though." You laughed softly, starting to make your way to the security desk. "Don't you have barbies or something you can entertain yourself with?" Sun took a little offense to this. Sure he watched over children, but he himself wasn't one. Not entirely at least. "New friend...that area is off limits..." Sun grabbed you again. "And I don't like barbies. We don't have to play on the jungle gym to have fun, (Y/N)! We can just color if you would like. Or we can get to know each other! What made you want to work here? Especially so late! Everyone is already gone! It is nice to have someone here though- you seem nice, (Y/N)!" The animatronic babbled on. Watching again as you stood, causing Sundrop to start to follow you. That of course made it rather difficult to get to the security desk. "Well...since the desk is 'off limits', I guess I'll just take a seat at one of the benches." Maybe tonight wouldn't be so easy after all. Sun didn't seem to be hostile at least. Just overly bubbly and excited. Remembering the question he had asked a couple minutes ago, you decided to answer.
"...well...It seemed like a fun place to work...and the pay was pretty good, so it was just a no brainer. " you scratched the back of your neck, and watched Sun take a seat in front of you, criss cross applesauce on the padded floor. He was rather tall though, so even when sitting you and him were at eye level. "It is a very fun place, (Y/N)! I'm glad that we get to hang out together. The kids can be a bit much at times, so it's nice to just sit and speak!" He had seemed to calm down a bit from the first encounter you had with him. That was certainly a welcome surprise. "Sun...Since you want to get to know each other, I suppose I should ask you some things as well than..." You couldn't believe you were having a conversation with a fucking robotic childcare attendant. To be fair though, all the robots here seemed to be pretty advanced though, so you couldn't be too surprised. "Oh why yes! Please do ask me some questions. I'll be more the happy to answer them for you...you can ask me anything you'd like! Anything at all, (Y/N)!"
You took a moment to think, and tilted your head a little. Maybe you could figure out an activity to do. Six hours of sitting here staring at the wall did seem rather boring. "Do you like doing other things besides playing?" You raised an eyebrow. What else would you do in a daycare anyway? Who knows. "How do you pass the time here...?" It was a pretty good question. After all, Animatronics didn't sleep, so you were sure he had to get bored being alone at night.
"Well, (Y/N), I love to finger paint...and I have glitter glue and googly eyes...arts and crafts are always fun after all." You had to admit, that was a pretty cute answer. You dabbled in the arts yourself. "Arts and crafts are definitely a good choice..." you liked to draw, but never really had time to do so. Looking for jobs had taken up a lot of your free time. But your answer had seemed to excite Sunny very much, and he jumped to his feet. "That's wonderful to hear! Would you like to draw with me?" You did have six hours to kill after all. Why not?