- Part 18

The day finally came to an end.

I was with Yukina and Kouji, getting our shoes out of our cubbyholes. We were going to head home together.

"The sunset sure is pretty."

Yukina hummed to herself as she looked out of the window.

"It feels strangely peaceful even though the special exam is just around the corner."

Kouji sighed, putting one earphone in. He was listening to music through one ear while talking to us.

"There's nothing to worry about right? I'm a bit nervous myself, but I feel confident everyone will pass."

"Huh... I guess."

Kouji didn't look completely convinced, but I agreed with Yukina. Once I finish making the exams for A Class, there was nothing else to worry about.

Ultimately, this special exam was about the class working together to achieve the best possible results. Even though E Class had a few stragglers like Kita and Ikesugi, Alice and Matsushita and had set up a good foundation by splitting everyone into study groups.

While it means I couldn't do much about our defence against D Class, it did give me leeway to be more aggressive in our attack against A Class. I had to put my faith that everyone in E Class was doing their role and studying as expected.

If we were to incur any losses, hopefully our spoils from winning will offset them. It was another way to soften the impact of a worst case scenario.

However, there was one bigger reason why a single loss would be devastating in our situation, though.

I looked over to Yukina, who continued to chat casually with Kouji.

Then, I looked over to the person slowly approaching us with a foxy smile on her face.

"Yukina, Kouji-san, you guys can go on ahead without me."

"Eh? Is there something you still need to do, Yuu?"

"...kind of, yeah."

As that person approached closer, I hurried to get these two out of here.

"What is it? We don't mind waiting. Right, Kouji-san?"

Kouji blinked and scratched the back of his head, yawning.

"Uh... yeah, I don't mind."

Judging by his sleepy face, he probably just wanted to go home and have a nap.

"Don't worry about it. I'll message you when I'm done."

Yukina frowned slightly.

"Alright..."

For some reason, she looked disappointed.

"Hey, it's Takanori-san's choice. Let's just go."

Encouraging her to leave, Kouji shrugged in the direction of the exit.

"Ah, yeah... see you soon, Yuu—"

However, before Yukina could finish her sentence, she tensed up.

I looked behind me and sighed. Guess I was too late.

"Heya, Boya-san, Doll-chan, and... ara, whose this? A new friend?"

Yogen giggled, waving at the three of us innocuously.

"Yogen-san..."

Yukina narrowed her eyes at her. Kouji stared at Yogen with raised eyebrows.

"...so, who is she exactly?"