- Part 3

When we arrived back at the Drachma Red dorms, Taiga and Tadokoro took the elevator upstairs to their rooms. Before Yukimura left and did the same, I called out to him.

"Yukimura-san."

"Huh?"

"Can I have a moment?"

"What is it?"

"I've been wanting to go to the gym for awhile now. Could you show me around?"

"Huh? You, go to the gym?"

For some reason, Yukimura began laughing.

"Uh... yeah. Is there a problem?"

"What? Dude, aside from Tanaka, you're the last person I'd expect to workout."

I don't know whether to be offended or not that Mitsuba was ranked higher than I was.

"...why's that?"

"You're already hella strong. You don't need to work out."

"I'm not really."

"Not buying that. You one-shot Ritaka."

"It's not that impressive. It just means Ritaka-san is weaker than I am."

Considering even Yogen embarrassed him in a fight, Ritaka was quite low on the power scale.

"Oh yeah? Punch me. Right now."

"...I'm sorry?"

"C'mon, don't hold back. Let's see whether or not if you're strong, or if Ritaka's just a wimp."

"This is unnecessary... can you just show me around the gym?"

"Ah? I'll only help you if you punch me."

"You do know what you just said, right?"

"Shut up, my gut's wide open."

Yukimura unzipped his jacket to bare open his six pack to me. He really wasn't wearing a shirt underneath.

"Unless, you wanna try aiming for my face? Heh."

He lightly tapped his cheek, trying to taunt me due to our difference in height.

"I'd rather do neither..."

"Then go to the gym yourself. It's not that hard to navigate."

What a predicament. I didn't want to punch him, since that would reveal my true strength, but at the same time, I wanted him to come with me as insurance.

After what happened last night with Nakajima, I didn't want to hedge my bets by going alone. It was too risky. I decided that, if I were to go outside the dorms, it would be with someone else at all times to protect myself from being suddenly ambushed.

Yukimura zipped up his jacket and turned around. Just as he was about to leave, I called out to him.

"...hang on."

I guess I had no other choice. Even though I didn't want to go through this ridiculous idea, it was better to go with someone than no one.

At least the solution for this problem was simple. I just had to punch him lightly. How hard could that be?

"You're doing it? Nice, gimme your best shot!"

Yukimura grinned, showing me his abs again. I tightened my fist and took a deep breath.

I relaxed my muscles and swung a loose punch at Yukimura's stomach. As my fist connected lightly, Yukimura's eyes widened and he staggered back.

"...hang on, what?"