The subject ended but we continued to talk as we washed up. After the shower, we blow dried each other's hair before she led me to the walk in closet. 

"Oh, where's my luggage?" I asked but Layla walked past me with a smile. 

Layla took a hanger off the rack that looked to be a two piece set. It was fluffy and baby pink that I thought was cute. "Here."

Taking the hanger, I let the towel that wrapped around me drop to the floor before I got dressed. In the mirror, I looked at the outfit once it was one. The material was so soft, like I was a teddy bear. The pink baggy pants were warm and comfortable while the matching cropped sweater left a small portion of my torso exposed. 

Layla came up behind me with a huge smile. She lifted the thick hood and set it on top of my head. In the reflection I could see her take the two light pink cat ears in her hands and wiggle them. 

"Aw! You're a little kitten!" She teased as I blushed lightly. 

I tried to swat her hands away but she took my wrist in her hand and pressed a kiss to my knuckles. "Breakfast, kitten?"

My body tingled as she teased me in a low tone. I nodded in response and allowed her to lead me out of the closet and her bedroom after she dressed in casual clothes. Layla looked great in simple jeans and a turtleneck.

Layla took my hand as she led me through her home. The place was just as massive as I had assumed. There were various doorways, a dramatic golden marble two sided staircase at the entrance of the house and many large, expensive looking pieces of wall art. 

As we walked through, Layla told me various facts about some of the art or rooms we passed. One of the rooms we went into was Layla's home office. It wasn't surprising that she had one considering her house was not only huge but no one except her lived there. What was shocking was just how big the office was. The large wood desk sat before the build in bookshelf that was lined with various books. In front of the desk sat two comfortable arm chairs. The wall next to her was simply a large window, looking out into the beautiful backyard. 

I went to the wall of books and looked through the titles listed on the decorative spines. "They're fiction."

Layla came up behind me, putting a hand on my waist. "Not all of them. I do prefer to read fiction though. Much more entertaining."

I took out a Shakespearean play I was curious to read. We had read the classic tragedies like Romeo and Juliet and Julius Caesar in high school but I wondered what the others were like. 

Layla's hand caressed mine that held the book. "I think you'd like this one."

"Why's that?" I asked as I looked at the cover that had a couple with fairies nearby. 

"It has many romantic tones." She explained simply before she took the book from my hand and placed it aside onto her desk. 

I turned to her and wrapped my arms around her neck. "Do you enjoy romance books?"

She smiled and placed her hands on my waist. "I'd enjoy reading ours."

My forehead fell forward and hit her chest to hide my bashful expression. "Layla."

Layla chuckled and kissed my hair. "Wouldn't you?"

"Hm." My head lifted to look back up at her while I changed the subject once again. "What's for breakfast?"

"Anything you want, my love. I'm sure you know from your recent time in France that Carlos is a great cook. I'm not nearly as good as him so he'll make it." She explained before kissing my forehead. 

"Can you cook for me sometime?" I wondered out loud. I'd like to taste her cooking at some point, curious as to how she'd do. 

"I suppose." She agreed before she led me out of the office and to the kitchen. It looked like the professional kind of kitchen that you saw in large, high class restaurants or on competitive cooking shows. 

Breakfast came and went and we spent the morning together in her office. As she worked on her laptop and drank her coffee, I began reading the play I had chosen earlier. I laid across the arm chair in front of her desk, enjoying the view of the gardens out the window or I could easily turn my head to see Layla working. 

Lunch was given to us then after Layla was done her work, she invited me to take a swim in the pool. The pool was large and luxurious. Lounges lined along the side and even a cabana that stood over a wide lounger that looked nice to cuddle on. 

We swam until Carlos brought out dinner and champagne. Layla and I ate at the dining set before we moved to the hot tub with the bottle of champagne. Being in a hot tub with Layla only reminded me of the time on her boat. 

Layla also seemed to be thinking the same since her eyes unashamedly roamed over my chest that was above the bubbling water. "Come here, princess." She said as I scooted a bit closer to her. 

Her arms took hold of me as she sat me on her lap. I put an arm around her neck before my other hand went to rest on her cheek. "Move in with me."

My head turned to gaze at the pool that was slowly cycling through the colours from the lights beneath the water. "You really must want me to move in." I joked, hoping that she wasn't serious. 

Knowing Layla though, she was completely serious. "Of course. Why wouldn't I? Is the house not to your liking? I can renovate anything you'd like."

My gaze returned to her as my brows furrowed. I was genuinely confused as to why she wanted to change her house for the purpose of pleasing me. "Your house is gorgeous so don't change anything." I didn't say anything about moving in, hoping that the champagne would help shift the topic again. 

Layla chuckled before holding me closer to her. "Alright, I won't change anything yet. However, I wanted to ask you if there's anything that would make your stay with me easier for you?"

A tipsy giggle left me. "No, just you is all I need."

She pressed a kiss to my cheek and held me tighter. "Let's go for sushi tomorrow."

"Oh, right. Tomorrow's Friday." A smile surfaced on my face at the thought of us going on another sushi date. "I'm excited."

Layla took hold of my chin to turn my face to hers. She pressed a sweet kiss to my lips. "Me too."

This was literally just a fluffy filler bc after the last couple chapters I need my mind to be cleansed plus I love when they're happy and in love 🥺💕😭💕