Prologue

Jiu was too tired, she had just been told that her parents had passed away a few hours ago.Was she sad? Not at all, those people she said she called parents had left her alone for most of her life.

They both worked in one of the biggest companies in Korea and well...you know what happens when parents have a lot of work, maybe you don't see them for months at a time or even years.Jiu eventually got used to the loneliness and became colder to everyone, she never went to high school because what was the point?

Her parents said that money fixed everything so they decided that it would be better for her to study at home with the best teachers she could have, she never had friends, only Siyeon, the maid's daughter, who sometimes went to her house because they couldn't leave her home alone because unlike her they couldn't afford to pay a babysitter.

Suddenly her cell phone started ringing

-Miss Minji, how much longer?

-I will be there in a few minutes

She said and hung up the call with a sigh. She was on her way to the mortuary where her parents had been taken, there, she would have a meeting with her parents' lawyers.When she arrived, she got out of the car and entered the building.

-Oh, you are here, do you want to see your parents?

-No need, please let's finish quickly, I have a headache.

The lawyers looked at her surprised by the coldness she was showing, as if learning that her parents had just passed away meant nothing, they quickly bowed to apologize and told her where to go.

-Well miss I am going to read you the will left by her parents "The day we die, all our fortune will pass to our daughter Kim Minji as well as she will become the heir of our companies and will take charge of them no matter what, if at any time she refuses to do so, she will lose all the right to inherit the real estate and fortune."

-WHICH WHAT? I hope this is a joke

Dumbfounded Jiu snatched the will from the lawyer's hands and began to read it on her own to make sure she wasn't being played a practical joke.

Jiu's passion had always been music and dance and she hoped to pursue it in the future, to start her own company if necessary when she could no longer be an idol.

-I CAN'T BELIEVE THEY WERE SO SELFISH TO THINK ONLY ABOUT THEIR OWN DAMN COMPANIES AND THE MONEY THEY MAKE! THEY KNEW EXACTLY WHAT I WANTED TO DO!

Jiu couldn't help but burst into tears from the helplessness she felt and the lawyers looked at her with concern.

-Please calm down, Miss, your parents decided it for your own good!

-FOR MY GOOD? THOSE PEOPLE ARE NOT MY PARENTS! THOSE PEOPLE, THE ONLY THING THEY HAVE THOUGHT ABOUT SINCE I WAS BORN IS THEMSELVES AND MAKING MONEY, THEY HAVE NEVER THOUGHT ABOUT ME, I AM GLAD THEY ARE DEAD!

The lawyers looked at her with pity, it was not the first time they had encountered this kind of cases in which people with money didn't even care about their children.

Thank God Jiu was never like the typical children of rich people, she didn't like to show off, in fact, she always thought that people had to earn their merits, even poor people.

After one hour of going through the legal procedures to inherit the inheritance, he returned home.

-Miss, I heard what happened to your parents, I'm so sorry," he said.

-Don't worry, you know I wasn't even fond of them, I'm too tired, I'll talk to you tomorrow.

Jiu went up to her room and once she closed the door she threw herself on her bed and started crying.

Hii guys! Hope you like this story and sorry if in some moment the gender its wrong, sometimes the tanslator don't really know is a girl or a boy and also apologize if there is something wrong 🥰