Chapter 8

They talked while David was really quiet and looking around all the time avoiding eye contact with Jack. But Jack only could look at David. ¨So what happened on that game night¨ Sarah asked, she still was wondering what could happen that caused someone to go to the hospital.

 Jack finally broke the stare and laughed with Crutchie, Mike and Tommy boy. ¨Now I remember you never told me either¨ Katherine asked. ¨We decided to never talk about it again¨ Tommy boy said. ¨But what we can say is that we never play monopoly again¨ Crutchie continued to laugh. ¨How¨ Sarah started but was cut off by Katherine ¨Just don't ask questions¨ 

She gave a kiss on her cheek. ¨Hey Jack when are we going to eat¨ Romeo yelled from the other side of the room. ¨Medda said that she had ordered pizza, so that will come any minute¨ Jack yelled back. David who was still looking around looked now for the first time at Jack. Jack also looked back at David and both of them looked away again. 

Then the doorbell rang. ¨I'll get it¨ At least three boys ran to the front door. They placed it on the dinner table and then the real chaos started. Jack took one box and walked with it upstairs. ¨Heya Racer I have pizza¨ He walked in the room and saw that Race was reading a book and listening to music. He looked up and put the book down and then pulled the ears out of his ears. ¨Thanks Jack¨ He walked towards Jack. 

¨I'm staying here if you don't mind¨ ¨I don't see a problem with that, but what about that guy from this morning¨ Race didn't like to find his soulmates but that didn't mean other people shouldn't find theirs. ¨O I have taken care of that¨ Jack smiled a bit. They sat down on the carpet and started eating pizza. After some time they heard a knock on the door. ¨Come in¨ Jack said and the door opened to reveal Crutchie and a nervous and confused David behind him.

 ¨Come in¨ Jack moved closer to Race to make more room for the other two boys. They sat down and a silence fell over the room only hearing the shouts from down stairs. ¨So Crutchie are the boys alright down there¨ Jack broke the awkward silence. ¨Hum I guess, you know how the boys are¨ He laughed. ¨Are they that bad sometimes¨ David said still not meeting Jack's eyes. ¨I've only been here from a day and I already almost witnesst a murder¨ Race also joined in on the conersation. ¨Yeah I'm already happy that it didn't happen today but the boys seem to be doing fine¨ Jack was still laughing. 

¨So Davey, Jack won't tell us how you met each other.¨ Crutchie asked. ¨Well uhm I ran into Race and we shook hands, end of the story¨ Davey said. ¨Well actually I was the one who wasn't looking and ran into you.¨ Race said. ¨Alright but Dave have you found your other soulmate¨ Jack asked hoping that he found him.

¨No I thought that maybe you found him.¨ Crutchie felt less comfortable. ¨So have you two found your soulmate yet¨ Davey asked, breaking the stare with Jack again. Jack saw the uncomfortable look in the two younger boy's eyes. ¨They're not ready¨ He said, giving Crutchie a small hug from the side and giving a reassuring smile. 

¨O sorry for asking I'm not really good in social skills.¨ Davey felt bad for asking.

 ¨Don't worry Davey you couldn't know.¨ Jack said once he saw David's face. ¨How could¨ He started but couldn't finish before Jack picked up his sentence¨I tell, I live with so many people that most faces are like open books for me. Except Spot and I find that a bit scary sometimes¨ Jack had to admit. 

They ate some pizza and Davey got a little more comfortable. They talked and laughed until they heard another knock on the door. ¨Hey Les and Elmer just fell asleep on the couch.¨ Specs came in. ¨O I guess we have to take him home¨ Davey stood up and he and Jack helped Crutchie up. 

¨Alright I'll ask Kath your number if that's okay with you¨ Jack asked. Even if he said no he would do it but to come over good he asked. ¨I don't mind, we'll plan something soon¨ Davey walked down stairs leaving Jack, Crutchie and Race upstairs.

 ¨Hey boys don't worry you can tell who your soulmate is when you're ready for it.¨ Then he walked away and closed the door behind him.

 ¨Hey Race can I tell you a secret.¨ Crutchie said after thinking for a minute. ¨Yeah I guess but I don't know if you already want to share it with me, maybe you can better discuss this with Jack.¨ Race didn't know why Crutchie already wanted to share a secret with him. ¨Well that's the thing it is about something he wouldn't understand¨ ¨What do you mean¨ Crutchie walked over to the bed and sat down. He waved for Race to sit down next to him and so he did. 

¨Well uhm¨ Crutchie didn't know how to start. ¨Take your time¨ He took Crutchie's hand like Jack had taken his the previous day. ¨Well it's about soulmates¨ Crutchie was still thinking about how to tell this. ¨Well Jack is my soulmate, that's why I don't want to take my glove off. I don't want ruin our friendship.¨ 

Race didn't know what to say and just gave Crutchie a hug. ¨You don't have to worry about that. I can clearly see he loves you.¨ ¨You sure¨ Crutchie looked up and gave a smile ¨Yeah come on he will pull you before all of us if something is wrong. I see that and I've only been here a day.¨ Race said and Crutchie giggled. ¨Yeah that would be true.¨ 

¨Hey Crutch, I think I know how my soulmates are¨ Race just decided to drop the bomb. Crutchie shot up, eyes widened. ¨You have more soulmates than just one¨ ¨Yes, my father hated me for that.¨ Crutchie nodded. ¨Can I see your quote¨ He asked Race carefully. Race nodded and took off his glove. ¨Al and Spot¨ Crutchie said not even above a whisper. All Race could do was nod. 

¨So we're both in the same ship. We don't want anyone to find out but we know who it is and that they are going to find out.¨ Crutchie said. Race nodded again.

Word count: 1096

Hey I'm here to say that I have three tests today and nine lessons. So I'm stuck at shool till 5 pm. It's curently 12:20 pm. And I already had tow of my test and two hours PE and a meantal breakdown. For the rest I ḿ doing great. (maybe sent help or something) 

hope you enjoyed it bye