Chapter 4-"He's trying to kill me"

Jack had gone upstairs after they had heard shouts from the boys who were checking up on the new kid.

Antonio.

Albert had only seen him when Jack had opened the door after they were apparently shouting. And to be fair he had to admit he was kinda cute.

"I hope everything is alright" Blik said. He had a half asleep Mush in his lap.

"I don't know, it has been over ten minutes already" Just then Elmer,JoJo, Buttons and Crutchie came into the room.

Everyone just stared at them seeing that they were waiting for Jack to come down. Once he came down everyone saw that he was in thought.

"Well did he let go of something" Albert just blurted out after a good minute.

"Yes he did" JoJo said softly.

"Jack you can tell best, I think at least" Crutchie said unsure while looking at Jack.

"Well he has been in an abusive home for around 8 or 9 years" Jack started, the eyes of the newsies went wide.

"He also said straight out that he hated soulmates, I think that has something to do with his dad." The last part was just Jack thinking out loud.

"Sorry to ruin the moment but I'm going upstairs, Spot calls me any minute now."

"Serious Al, you spoke with him earlier"

"I meant more in private Smalls"

"Alright see you tomorrow Al" Jack hadn't the energy for a fight and just wanted to go back to gaming or something like that.

Once Albert was upstairs he stood in front of the Pink door listening. He couldn't hear anything so just went to the next door, his room. Well it wasn't fully his he shared it with Romeo and Finch. He saw that his phone was already ringin.

"Hey Spottie" Albert picked up with a smile.

"Hey Al, How's the new kid"

¨Happy to see you too" Albert rolled his eyes before laughing "Haven't seen much of him but he seems kinda cute¨

Spot pouted

"Come on you don't like to be called cute"

"That's true but still" His laugh betrayed him.

"You think he could be the one" Spot asked, getting serious again.

"You know sadly not all soulmates get fostered by Medda or by you in Brooklyn"

"Well until now that has happened to everyone" Spot staded.

"Well I don't know much about him but he hates soulmates"

"Did he actually say it in straight out"

"Well, that is what Jack told us at least"

"He was also interested when JoJo mentioned that he had two soulmates" Finch walked into the room.

"Finch didn't tell Jack to give me so privacy"

"Yes he did but I need uno carts" He pointed to the small pack carts next to Albert.

"Alright hurry up" Spot told him.

"Nice to see you Spot" Finch rolled his eyes as he took the carts.

"But it's still true, and also he is fluent Italian" Finch quickly told before he rushed down again. Spot's and Albert's eyes widened at the mention of that he spoke Italian.