Part 1: A Potter? In Slytherin? No way!

Start from the beginning

 Lily shrugged. "Nothing, I thought I'd see what you were doing, but you're talking with your friends, so . . ." 

"It's ok," he interrupted. "Just wait one moment, and I'll walk with you." He turned around and said something she couldn't hear to his friends. Then with a smile he turnedaround and closed the compartment door behind him. "Let's walk." 

They walked up the train, making their way around other kids that were out of their compartments as well. They didn't speak, but then Louis pulled them into an emptycompartment. When he closed the door, he sat down next to her and was silent.

 Lily looked at him. "Louis, were you scared when you were put in Ravenclaw instead of Gryffindor?"

 Louis shook his head. "No. I knew that it wouldn't make a difference to the others. I mean, Victoire was a Hufflepuff, and we all love her." 

"But, everyone else around your age was put into Gryffindor," Lily commented. "You weren't afraid that you wouldn't be able to see them as much? Or that you would lose touch with them?"

 Once again, he shook his head. "Victoire told me that she hung out with a lot of kids from other houses. And as we both know, she moved in with a Gryffindor last year. I justfigured that if she could do it, then so could I."

 "So you just sucked it up and went for it?" Lily clarified. 

Louis gave a smile. "That's one way to put it. Having doubts?"

 Lily sighed. "Kind of. It's just that I'm not sure if I'm Gryffindor material anymore. What if I end up in another House?"

 "Well, then we'll have to work around our schedules to have talks like this one," Louis replied. He put a hand on her shoulder and smiled brightly. "Look, Lil, if you end up in adifferent House than me, or than the others, then it won't matter. I know that I'll still make time to hang out with you." 

"Really?" Lily asked hesitantly. 

He chuckled. "Of course, I will. You're the only one I know that prefers Crystallized Pineapple to any type of chocolate," he teased. 

Lily finally laughed. 

***********************************************************************************************

The train ride to Hogwarts was a long one. Lily talked with Louis for quite a while, but she eventually wandered back to the other compartment. She and Rose kicked the boys outso that they could change into their robes, and when they got off the train. Lily finally saw someone that made her forget all about being sorted.

 "Firs'-years! Firs'-years this way! Over here!" Hagrid called. He held a lantern in one hand, and his other giant hand was waving the newcomers over to him and the boats. Lily andHugo ran over toward him.

 "Hiya, Hagrid!" they both greeted excitedly. Standing next to him, they just brushed the height of his waist. 

Hagrid looked down and smiled at them. "Well, hey there! Great to finally see you two here. You'll have ter come down ter me hut sometimes."

 "Totally!" Hugo agreed with a smile. 

"Well, hop in. We got ter get goin'. A lot ter do tonight," Hagrid told them with a smile.

 They both smiled widely as they joined two other kids in a boat. All the first years were silent during the ride until they could see the castle. Then whispers and gasps andmurmurs erupted from them. 

"Woah," Hugo murmured. 

"It's beautiful," the other girl in their boat whispered. 

"And big," Lily mumbled.