𝐻𝒶𝓅𝓅𝓎 𝒱𝒶𝓁𝑒𝓃𝓉𝒾𝓃𝑒'𝓈 𝒟𝒶𝓎

𝐹𝑒𝒷𝓇𝓊𝒶𝓇𝓎 𝟣𝟥𝓉𝒽, 𝟣𝟪𝟦𝟩

"(Jackson, go get your sister.)" Flora, aka your mother, asked your younger brother. He looked up at her, annoyed knowing that he would have to read the whole page of his book again.

"(Why?)"

"(Because her friend is here?)"

"(Sarah?)"

"(Fay.)"

"(Oh. Which one is that? Is it the one with the dimples?)"

Your mother rolled her eyes and smacked the book out of Jackson's hands; she took a handful of his hair and pulled him up from his seat. His father didn't pay any attention to them as he read the newspaper, sipping the cup of green tea he had.

"(Get up now and go get your damn sister!)" she demanded, tossing him on the floor as she pointed to an area not in the living room. "(Oh, and I want you and Henry to go with her and Fay to go shopping.)"

Jackson moaned in pain and rubbed his head, getting up with wobbly legs. He glared at his mother and limped away from the spot he landed at since he hurt his ankle. Flora pushed him and told him to get going so he could finally leave and he started to walk faster out of the living room and into the halls of the mansion. Sometimes as he walked to your room, he would encounter a servant like a maid or butler but didn't say anything to them besides a hello . The halls were bright since they were by the window and lit them up. The walls had portraits of people from their family or just simply paintings of things like food or animals. Jackson would occasionally glance at the paintings but stopped at one.

It was a family photo painted a year earlier.

In the painting his parents were standing, both wearing their best clothing as well as him and his two siblings. Jackson had on a simple suit, as did Henry and their father, a look of displeasure on his face. Their mother was standing next to him, wearing a dark green dress that had long sleeves and a tall collar, her hair up in a bun, a similar look on her face that her husband had; the two parents had a hand on both brothers shoulder, the two boys sitting on a red couch. Everyone in the painting was frowning except for one.

You.

You sat in the middle of the couch with a kind smile, your hair also being up with a few strands out of place. You wore a light blue dress with a flower pattern with a collar that went up to your collar bones. The dress was a little poofy, but you didn't have a crinoline on, just layers of clothing underneath to give the dress a poofy affect.

Jackson's eye twitched and he looked away from the painting, starting to walk to your room to get you.

God , he was dreading this day.

He really didn't want to go out in town with you and Fay to go get stuff for your fiancés'.

He wanted to be with his girlfriend, not with his older sister and another rich girl to get gifts for their lovers.

Jackson smoothed his hair out as he finally arrived at your door. He loudly knocked a couple times as he looked at the door irritated.

"(Hey loser, get out, Fay's here!)" he yelled. It was silent for a moment until your muffled voice answered.

"(Just a minute!)"

Jackson was waiting outside your door for about twenty seconds until he started knocking loudly again and kicking the door.