"Love is a feeling but it's also a bond. A bond that can be broken—repaired—or severed to never be re-tied." He said looking out at the crashing waves.

"But being in love itself? Oh it feels glorious. It feels like—even when everything goes to shit you have that one person. Who at the end of the day you can hold—or they can hold you." Robert explained.

"Love—is complex but it's also bliss."

"Do—do you think someone could ever—f-fall in love with me?" Onika asked with a shaky voice and Robert turned to her.

"Of course I do sweetheart." Robert said seriously. Onika started shaking her head.

"Wh-who could? No one wants someone with this much baggage—and with h-how many times i've been touched without my o-own permission? Who would want me?" Onika sobbed Robert shook his head.

"That wasn't your fault. I need you to understand that—if anyone you love holds that above your head—you shouldn't love them." He stated. Robert caught onto the fat she referenced it was multiple times—he didn't want to think about that part.

Onika was damaged—she knew that. And her biggest fear was being judged for that damage.

"Why are you asking me these questions Onika?" Robert asked and Onika sniffled and looked toward her father.

"B-Because I—I feel a certain way—about-about someone. And—and I'm not sure if it's right—it's a new feeling and well I was thinking about it yesterday—I'm not sure if this person would even want to be with me that way. With how fucked up I-I am." Onika managed to get out while sniffling.

"I'm sure Beyoncé would still care for you in every way possible."

Onika lifted her head up slowly and looked at her father who had a light smile looking at the ocean.

"H-How did you—" Onika stuttered out but didn't get to finish.

"You know Ming's been calling me?" He said interrupting Onika.

"We've been talking. Mostly about you. But each time we call she mentions Beyoncé. And how she makes sure she tells ming to tell you that she misses you. And that she's been moping around for the past month." Robert said.

"Sh-she's usually.." Onika trailed off.

"Happy? Giddy? Always smiling? Always making you smile? Yeah. I think she misses that last detail." Robert said grinning.

Onika didn't know what he seemed so happy about.

"You know—ming and I were talking yesterday to be exact. And she told me about how anxious and sad the girls been. And I suggested.." Robert trailed off.

"If she misses you so much—why doesn't she come and see you?" Robert asked turning to Onika and Onika stared wide eyed.

She heard the faint sound of a thud of some sort and saw her father look over her shoulder.

"Oh there she is." He said and Onika turned around quickly—she sure it was enough to give her whiplash.

There she saw her, standing right infront of her older sisters car.

She dropped the two bags she had in her hand and she could see—even from there, the tears forming in her hazel eyes.

Onika could feel the ones forming in her dark ones.

She got up with wobbly legs, and she's sure they started moving on their own. Her pace quickened and so did her heartbeat at the thought of this really being real.