Chapter 26: Trust Me

Hope y'all like the chapter

-

Illumi awoke to quite the disturbance. You were running around his bedroom, frantically packing a bag for your mission. Since you hadn't told your boyfriend about your mission yet, Illumi was left with a confused look on his face.

"What are you doing up so early?" he asked.

You stopped what you were doing to speak with him.

"Early? It's pretty late in the day actually"

"Is it?"

"Yes. You came in late last night, which is probably why you slept so long"

"I see..." Illumi said in realization. "Still, what are you doing"

"Don't be upset with me when I tell you, okay?" you said.

"Why would I be?" he asked, even more confused.

"Look..." you sighed. "A troupe member came here last night... and I'm going on a mission with him"

"What?"

"I know that's weird, don't even ask me how he got in but he offered me one last chance to get that amulet. I have a plan to finally relieve myself of my father"

Illumi thought about what you said for a second.

"I can go with you" he suggested.

"No, Illumi. I have to go by myself"

"(Y/n) that's idiotic" Illumi said. "It's a Troupe member, are you seriously going to go alone?"

You chuckled at his response. He was right, it was stupid of you to do such a thing.
"I know you don't agree with this, but I need you to trust me. Please let me do this, Illumi" you pleaded.

Illumi sighed. He watched you shove your knives in your belt and quickly fix your hair.

"You're not going to listen to me if I tell you to stop, are you?" he asked.

You stood in the doorway with your back to him.

"I'm sorry..." you said. "I need to take care of this. I promise I'll be okay"

Suddenly you felt Illumi's arms wrap around you. His tall figure engulfed you in a hug from behind.

"I know you will be..." he said.

You held onto him, almost refusing to let go, but you knew you had somewhere important to be.

"Thank you for trusting me" you said, while escaping his grasp. "Take care of Lulu while I'm gone. I'll be back later tonight"

You walked out of the room and down the stairs. Illumi backed into his room and sat on his bed. Lulu lifted her head and watched his expression change as he processed everything you had said. He had no idea what your mission was, or who you were going with, but he trusted you enough to let you go anyway. If you were so sure this is what was best, then he wanted to have faith in your decision. He knew you were determined to retrieve that heirloom, and someone like you wasn't going to give up that quickly.

-

After leaving the Zoldyck mansion, you boarded a bus to take you into the city. It would be a couple hours before you reached the outskirts of York New, and after that you'd be heading into Meteor City to meet Nobunaga.

On the bus you decided to call Renji. It had been a couple days since you spoke with him, and he was most likely anxious from your lack of response.

"(Y/n)!!" Renji practically yelled through the phone.