Chapter 21: The Calm Before the Storm

On the other side of the door was a rather empty room, aside from the boxes stacked in the corner marked with the names of illegal drugs. And not to mention the 20 armed guards waiting for you.

"Of course this place has guards" you sighed. "They probably came in here because they heard your gun shots" you glared at Hawk. "What kind of assassin uses such a loud weapon?"

"What was I supposed to do? Not shoot those guards?" he argued.

"Nevermind" you groaned.

"If you two surrender calmly we'll consider letting you live" one of the guards said.

"Oh shut the hell up. Let's get this over with" you sighed, manipulating your blades. "Lulu, stay back, okay?"

Lulu sat herself down near the door you had come through.

You noticed another door behind the army of guards, one which most likely hid your targets.

"Hawk, we need to get through that door" you said.

"Gotcha" he responded, loading his pistols. Hawk tucked a strand of his curly, golden hair behind his ear. "I'll go in first, back me up!"

You nodded.

He quickly sprinted towards the guards on the left side of the room. They tried to shoot at him, but he was surprisingly able to avoid their bullets. Hawk shot a couple down before finally being shot in the arm. It took you both by surprise when he stumbled to the ground.

"Oh shit! Hawk!" you yelled, running to his side. "Are you alright?"

Hawk lifted himself up to his feet which left a shocked expression on your face.

"Of course I'm alright, doll. I don't get taken out that easily" he smirked, brushing his suit off.

"Is your suit... bulletproof?" you questioned.

"Whaaaat? I can't look good and be invincible?" he jokingly asked.

"Whatever" you sighed, which earned a laugh from your partner.

"Let's continue, shall we?" Hawk began reloading his guns.

"How about we finally get this over with?" you suggested. "Cover me"

Hawk nodded and reflected the bullets flying at you by shooting his own.

You charged your attack by manipulating all 12 of your kunai blades (6 on each side) above your head. Each set of 6 began to spin rapidly, turning them into two large shurikens. "Hawk, get behind me!" you ordered.

He quickly followed your order, and slipped behind your back, only awaiting your attack.

Spinning at full speed now, your blades flew away from your sides and headed straight for the remaining guards. "Razor Blades!" you announced your ability.

Both shurikens flew through the guards in the blink of an eye. Before you knew it, they had already returned to your sides. Hawk gasped at the sight of the guards' heads falling clean off their bodies.  Once their heads hit the ground, their bodies followed shortly after, leaving what could only be described as a massacre.

Your blades split back into 12 and they returned to your scabbard. You almost collapsed, falling to one knee. "I need to work on that move..." you gasped for breath. "It takes a lot out of me"

"(Y/n)" Hawk said, offering a hand to help you up. "That was amazing"

"Thanks" you said, taking his hand. "Now let's finish this"

Lulu hopped up from her spot and accompanied the two of you through the door. On the other side sat the CEO and his son at a round table. They seemed to be discussing their escape plan.