Chapter 1

I got this idea from one of my favorite authors named athlete68. I got permission to write this and make it my own so it will be different from hers, especially in the beginning, but it will mostly be the same. don't own Percy Jackson or Divergent, the characters belong to Rick Riordan and Veronica Roth.

Chapter 1

I stood blankly in the middle of the throne room mourning the loss of all the people who died in the war against Gaea and ignoring all of the talking that I heard in the background. I sat thinking of how everything changed for the worst and how nothing would ever be the same again. It all started at the beginning when the gods arrived at the battle in Athens. 

FLASHBACK

Suddenly the seven of us were surrounded by the now human-sized Olympians who were tiny compared to the giants, but glowing with power.

Jason shouted and charged Porphyrion with everyone following after him.

The fighting ranged all over the Parthenon and spilled across the Acropolis. Out of the corner of

my eye, I saw Annabeth fighting Enceladus with her mother, the goddess Athena, at her side. She thrust her spear at the giant and brandished her shield with the fearsome bronze face of Medusa. Together, Athena and Annabeth drove Enceladus back into a wall of metal, which collapsed on top of him. 

On the opposite side of the temple, I saw Frank and the Ares smash through an entire

phalanx of giants. Ares charged them with his spear and shield and Frank turned into an African elephant and swatted at the giants with his long trunk. Ares was laughing and stabbing everything in his path like a psychopath.

I noticed Hazel racing through the battle on Arion’s back, disappearing in the Mist whenever a giant came too close, then she appeared behind him and stabbed him in the back. The goddess Hecate was twirling her torches and setting fire to anyone who dared to step in her path. I noticed that Hades was by making the ground crack open and sending all who fell into Tartarus

I battled the giant twins, Otis and Ephialtes, with my father. We attacked them separately. I charged Otis and flung a giant fist made up of water at Ephialtes, while my dad stabbed Ephialtes with his trident and sent him sliding back five feet. Ephialtes ran towards me and tried to squish me under his foot, but I sliced at his heel with riptide and made him fall into a kneeling position. Poseidon took the opportunity to fling Otis far away and stabbed Ephialtes, sending him to Tartarus.

Piper fenced with the giantess Periboia, sword against sword, all on her own. Despite the fact that her opponent was five times larger, Piper held her ground. The goddess Aphrodite floated around them on a white cloud, throwing rose petals in the giantess’s face, calling encouragement to Piper. 

“Lovely, my dear. Yes, good. Hit her again!”

Whenever Periboia tried to strike, doves rose up from nowhere and fluttered in her face.

As for Leo, he was racing across the deck of the Argo II, shooting the ballistae, dropping hammers on the giants’ heads and blowtorching their loincloths with his father at the helm who was trying to keep the ship aloft.

I noticed all of this, and a dozen other battles in progress, but most of my attention was fixed on the enemy before me, Otis.

Otis didn’t give me any chance to observe the others anymore. The giant used his spear in a whirlwind of swipes, jabs and slashes. I slashed with riptide and cut his spear in half then did an overhead strike to cut his arm off. I kicked him behind the leg making him drop to the ground and I stabbed him in the heart, giving my dad time to give the final blow.