Chapter Seventeen: Acceptance and Returning (Slight Violence)

*Rogue's POV*

My mother, my dead mother, was the one behind the joyous clown mask.... She was alive. And Father and I never knew...

Toby sat next to me, fidgeting his hands. Well, more like his hands were twitching more than normal. He was very nervous.

"Rogue, would you please explain yourselves?" My Father asked, no scorn or anger in his voice.

"Father, don't be angry at Toby. If anything, be angry at me. I never asked you if I could date him, I never asked you if I could date anyone," I said, calmly, looking at the ground, "I kissed him, and didn't think about the consequences. I fell in love with him, and didn't think about the consequences. Toby probably feels like he's being forced into this.... And maybe he is.... Maybe he doesn't know what he wants.... So don't blame Toby, if you still feel the need to blame someone, BLAME ME!"

My Father was shocked at my outburst.

"Amelia, no one is getting blamed here...." My mother said, "Love is love, wouldn't you agree, Richard?"

My father nodded, "Rogue.... Don't go blaming yourself.... Neither of you are to blame...."

Toby looked at me, before looking back at my father, "Sir, I-I d-disobeyed....?"

My father chuckled, and ruffled Toby's hair, "No, you didn't Toby. You both have been through a lot, worrying. You two should go to your own rooms and get some rest. We can finish discussing this in the morning."

Toby and I left the room hand-in-hand, and I leaned my head on his shoulder. Things were starting to brighten up.

"It wasn't that bad..." I said, laughing a little.

"Y-Yeah... I guess it wasn't," Toby said, chuckling.

We stood in silence for a moment, before Toby spoke again, "R-Rogue? Why did you t-try to get the blame on yourself?"

"Because, Toby, I don't want you getting in trouble for things I've done. That wouldn't be fair to you," I said, looking away.

Toby cupped my cheek, and turned my face towards him, "Rogue.... You're worth getting in trouble for...." Toby said, and lowered his mouth guard. Toby kissed me lightly.

I kissed him back, and wrapped my arms around his neck. We both smiled into the kiss.

"Get a room!!" Liu said, poking his head out of his room.

Toby and I laughed, and flipped Liu off. Liu laughed back, and flipped us off.

"Glad the feeling's mutual," Liu said, before going back into his room.