Chapter 39 - Goodbye my Love!

Start from the beginning

"No aunty its okay. We were just heading out for lunch. Ayaat was missing you'll so we dropped by" Zaroon says with a formal smile on his face.

"Aww my baby!" Aisha bhabhi gets Mahira  in her arms.
"Masha Allah she has grown so big" Zaroon says.
"Yes. Masha Allah. Very naughty too" Mum says.

Aisha bhabhi puts her down and she slowly begins to walk. I was so happy to see that.

"Zaroon Yusuf is upstairs I think he would be very happy if you give him company while we take Ayaat away from you for sometime" Aisha bhabhi says.

"Haha. No no Its okay. Take your time. Ill be with Yusuf" Zaroon says and goes to Yusuf's room.

"So where's Fiza and dad?" I ask after Zaroon leaves.
"Your father is on a businesa trip and Fiza is out with some friends." Mum says.
"Oh! So how is everything?" I ask.
"Alhamdulila. You tell me how eveeything is? Is Zaroon treating you well? How is Gazala? Does she treat you well or do you have problems in that house? Are you happy Ayaat?" Mum asks me.

"Ammi I am very very happy. Alhamdulila. Zaroon is a wonderful man and a loving husband. Everybody in that house keeps me well and happy." I say giving my mother a satisfaction

"Thats Masha Allah good. Well I have been meaning to talk to you about something. I didnt know when to but..." She says

"Whats it about?" I ask worried.
"Fiza!" Mum says and I get scared for a moment.
"What happened?" I ask worried.
"Fiza has got a wonderful proposal" Aisha bhabhi says as she enters with a tray of juice glass.
"Oh!" Was my only response.

I knew Fiza and Rahil likes each other but I had no idea what waa going on between them now. I had once askes Fiza to stop talking to Rahil and wait and I trusted her with that but it had been long since then and I had no track whatsoever on their case.

"Yes. The boy lives in Yemen and has a good family business. They match our standards and life style. Your father really likes the proposal" Mum says.
"Thats nice. Does...Does Fiza know about it?" I ask.
"No we havn't told her yet...we were hoping you could talk to her may be" Aisha bhabhi says.
"Uh..um..Yes I can....do that. Yes. I can" I say unsure.
"Thats wonderful. Because the family is perfect. And Fiza wil go in to the final year this year, so we donr have to wait much" mum says excited.
"Yes. Thats..Thats good" I say faking a smile.

"So Ayaat. You tell whats going on?" Aisha bhabhi asks.
"Ah! Nothing I just told mum everything is fine Alhamdulila. And I am Very happy" I repeat again.
"No! Thats not what I mean." She says.
"Then what is it?" I ask confused.
"When are you planning to expand family?" Mum asks.
"Ammiiiiii"
"What? You do have to plan it one day. The earlier the better." She says.
"No..No...nO....No! Thats not right. I think Zaroon and I need more time for ourselves. To get to know each other better to get to spend more time with each other. With a baby now it will be huge responsibilty and distraction from each other. I dont think we are ready for this." I say trying to make my point.
"May be thats what you think. Did you ever ask Zaroon what he feels about this? I thought the same but Yusuf had a different point of view he believed a baby would bring a closer and I think he was right" Aisha bhabhi says and confuses me.

I had never really thought about this before. Kids? Now. No it was too early to start a family but I dint know what Zaroon's thoughts were on this. He was talking about building a better future for his kids earlier today. May be he wants this? May be. I dont know. We've never really had this kind of a conversation before. I made a mental note to make sure to talk to Zaroon about this.

"I dont know Aisha bhabhi..not so soon...Il think about it..Anyway I have to get going. Jav and Rehana must be waiting" I say call Zaroon.

After a few minutes of goodbye we get back to the car and on road to our next destination.