Onika decided to listen to him talk.

"They can really slow down and completely halt your recovery— I recommend staying away from those people." He said and Onika couldn't stop thinking about a certain someone.

"H-How can you tell when someone's an enabler?" Onika asked.

"It's pretty easy really, if they give you something they know you're a addicted to—then that's an  enabler. Especially if it's for their own gain. Some people who do drugs wants to drag someone else down with them—so they don't feel alone. It's pretty sad really." Robert explained.

Robert noticed Onika was looking down, like she was thinking real hard.

"Can an enabler—be a friend?" Onika asked and Roberts faces softened.

"An enabler isn't a friend. You may think they are—but if they give you the substance Onika—they aren't a friend. You just thought they were because they gave you what you were so addicted to." Robert explained.

Onika blinked and blinked over and over again.

"Some do it to take advantage of others—drugs can be a good and bad thing. I—I'm sure you know that now." Robert said and Onika felt tears brim her eyes.

She didn't want to believe Lauren was an enabler—but when her father began explaining her brain had accepted it before she did.

"Enablers aren't your friends." Robert said and he could tell whoever gave Onika those drugs—was someone she was close to.

"B-But Laurens my friend." Onika whispered.

Robert knew it had to be Lauren.

"Lauren isn't a friend. Maybe at one time she was—but she was probably just a kid like you were. Rough around the edges but still innocent." Robert explained.

"But—you're an adult now. Being bad as a kid isn't the same as being destructive as an adult." He said seriously.

Onika thought of all the times Lauren was there for her—and at times she genuinely was. Lauren used to just be the general bad kid—but she was still a kid.

"I know Lauren was your friend. I know I made it very clear I didn't like her and neither did your mother but—she made you happy so she dealt with it." Robert said taking Onikas hand.

"B-But—she—she knows what it's like. Having a broken family." Onika mumbled. That's how they bonded.

"She's an adult now; she has no excuse how she acts. She can't blame her parents she can't blame, her home life. Things can be forced on you all you want—it's your choice if you let it define and effect you." He stated.

"What happens to you—doesn't define you. Lauren is letting it define her—which is negatively affecting you and is going to negatively affect your recovery if you entertain her." Robert said.

Onika could feel tears staining her cheeks.

"I know this must be a lot to realize and come to terms with. But not everyone you trust—is a good person. Like Safaree—he didn't believe you did he?" Robert asked trying to make a point.

"H-He had a right to be mad at me though right? It's my fault—i shouldn't have gotten drunk—

"You can't consent when you're under the influence. You're feeling alot of emotions at once right now so you're not thinking clearly but—none of what happened that night was your fault at all." He stated seriously.

"I—I need to go—upstairs." Onika mumbled with shaky hands and her father sighed nodding. He knew Onika had some shit to figure out on her own.

Onikas hand shook as she went to her bedroom and shut the door.