T W E N T Y - N I N E

Start from the beginning

A bad omen. A bird that symbolises death and the transformational process between physical and spiritual world.

Seraphina almost felt like she could urge. But there was something within her that was urging her to go to the cliff.

"Sara?" Seraphina didn't jump in her skin. Instead, she turned slowly and smiled sadly at her adoptive sister. Bella smiled sympathetically and opened her arms, willing to allow physical contact if it meant her sister could have comfort.

Seraphina didn't fall into Bella's arms like she had to any one else that had hugged her within the last three weeks. Instead, she turned her head to look at the cliff once more. The idea of cliff jumping crossed her mind, to which she hoped the violent waves would trap her under and she would drown.

Perhaps the memories would go away....

"Seraphina? You okay?" Bella asked, concern enveloping her mind at the revelation that her adoptive sister was not okay.

"Why is his death affecting me so much?" Seraphina weakly asked. She wanted, she needed, the answer.

"You're mourning." Was all Bella could come up with. And Seraphina turned and glared with rage.

"I don't want to fucking mourn! I should be mourning!" Seraphina screamed at Bella, but her mouth closed quickly as her eyes became dazed.

"Honey?" A woman Seraphina recognised to be Mrs. Winters called out to her husband, who was sitting on the sofa. A bloody chefs knife in his hand and a small puddle of crimson liquid underneath. "I think our Caleb's a little late. Aren't you worried dear?"

When Mrs. Winters received no response from her dear husband, she walked into the living room. Her eyes caught on to Mr. Winters' lifeless body. She frowned and grabbed the bloody knife.

"I told you not to use my good knife." She scowled before her eyes seemed to glaze over.

Seraphina gasped and reeled back from the rail by the road, her throat wanted to scream so badly but she clamped a hand to her mouth, in hopes to stop the scream.

"Sara? You okay?" Seraphina jumped as Bella placed a hand on her shoulder. She opened her mouth to reply, but the scream that was itching to leave her throat erupted. Not like Bella could hear, because she wasn't a supernatural being, but others could.

The scream rippled out throughout the town of Forks.

Inside the Cullen's home, Jasper shared a look with Alex as the faint echoes of the wail found its way to them.

"Sara?" Alex questioned and Jasper just took off. He sped through the woods, not caring in who would've seen. He just needed to find Seraphina.

"What the-" Bella mumbled before her eyes widened, realisation dawning on her. At the horrified look that was residing on Seraphina's face, Bella was quick to grab Seraphina's shoulders and sit her on the ground. "Breathe." She said softly as Seraphina's chest heaved.

Her eyes were blank, as though she were still stuck in the trance she was in when she predicted Mr. and Mrs. Winters' deaths.

A rustle in the trees snapped Seraphina from the state she was in. Springing into action, she stood and shoved Bella behind her, glaring at the spot in the trees.

"Easy, tiger. Glare at me much more 'n' i'll be set a light." Alex chuckled, walking out of the treeline. Seraphina immediately dropped her stony glare and her lip quivered. Alex caught eyes with Bella and smiled softly. "Nice to see you again, Bells."

"Y-Yeah." She said heartedly, and Seraphina rolled her eyes. Strong arms wrapped themselves around her and Seraphina breathed out in relief.

"Jaz." She whimpered, wrapping her arms around his neck and burying her head in his neck. "They're dead, Jasper."

"Who are?"

"Mr. and Mrs. Winters." She mumbled and Jasper sighed. Too many people that meant too much to the girl in his arms were dying.

"Why don't we go for a walk? Get your mind off of it." Seraphina nodded and the couple began walking. Where to? Most likely the Cullens' home.

The green trees seemed to hum to the tribrid, calming her nerves as she intertwined her hand with Jasper's.

"You know....i was the youngest Texas Major in the Confederate Army." He said out of no where and Seraphina's eyes widened.

"In the Civil War?" Jasper nodded and Seraphina laughed softly. "That's...pretty cool, to be fair."

"I thought so..." Jasper trailed off and Seraphina gave his hand a squeeze.

"Were you all cow-boy like? Riding horses? And-"

"Yes." Jasper chuckled and nodded his head. The couple came out to a clearing and Seraphina stopped, the sun was still hidden behind the clouds, so she didn't have to worry about Jasper's exposure to becoming all sparkly. She, instead, raised her free hand to tangle in with his curly hair.

"You'd look good in a uniform." She smirked, and Jasper just breathed out a laugh and turned to the side. At least her mind was taken off of the incident.

"You'd look good as my wife." He retorted and Seraphina snickered.

"Only if you put a ring on it." She said, using the same words as she had when the two first started dating almost a year ago.

"Maybe i will." He whispered, lowering his head to her neck. He kissed it softly, before kissing her jaw and then her lips. The feeling of happiness never left him, and he begged to whatever Gods were in the sky that his Seraphina would never be taken from him. "Speaking of which...." Jasper pulled away, letting go of her hand and pulling a box from his pocket. "I was going to do this earlier but all events considered, i think now will be fine." He got on one knee and Seraphina gasped, all horrific imagery of Mr. and Mrs. Winters' lifeless bodies left her mind. "Seraphina Grayam, will you do me the honours of being my wife?"

SORRY FOR SUCH A LONG WAIT
HOLY CRAP WHAT IS WRONG WITH ME??