F O U R T E E N

// NEVER A MONSTER \\

"Come on, love." Jasper said quietly, grabbing the sides of Seraphina's face. The winds picked up, reaching inside the home. He had to act quickly. "Seraphina, please, listen to me!" He begged and the girl tilted her head slightly.

Jasper knew that her powers would always continue to get stronger. This event was proof of that. And that was why he had to proceed with caution.

"Darlin'...please...calm down." He felt the venom in his tears gland build but it would never fall. "Come back to me." Jasper ducked his head slightly, trying to think of what to do.

When Jasper finally looked up at her face again, he saw her eyes and lips twitch. He hesitantly let go of her face and the girl immediately cried out. Her body glowed and time seemed to come to a stand still. The papers that were flying throughout the ground floor of the home stopped in the air, the wind stopped blowing and she stared at Jasper. He could see the pain in her fiery eyes and could feel it as it emitted itself freely from her. He now understood just how hurt Seraphina Swan felt by Bella's words. And his hatred for Bella grew.

"Listen to me, Sara!" Jasper said firmly, standing straight and hoping he seemed to be confident in his actions. "You need to calm down." Jasper took a step closer and he saw Seraphina's head twitch to the side, as if warning him not to do that. The Cullens were in the room on the opposite side of the wall, listening in. "Show them-her you don't care." Jasper's words rang inside of Seraphina's head, like they had done the first time. "Show her that you are better then what she thinks of you."

"Even if i'm not?" Jasper was slightly taken aback by Seraphina's voice. It held power but had a sort of echo to it.

"Even if your not. But don't believe you are any less than a magical woman. Don't believe you are anything less than the most important, wonderful, selfless person there is. And most importaly, Darlin', show her that you were never a monster. That you aren't an abomination." Jasper took another step closer. He was about two steps away from the witch-banshee hybrid. "Show her that she was wrong." He took another step towards Seraphina. "Show her that you deserved to be born if not more than she did." Jasper took his final step towards her, and enveloped her in a hug. "But i won't stop you...if you want to show her just how powerful you are." Jasper smirked as Seraphina chuckled and wrapped her arms around him. The papers all went back to their original place, the doors and windows closed and the placed looked neat and it top shape again.

"I love you, Jaz." She whispered, burying her head further into his chest, holding onto him tightly.

"I love you too, Sara."

~

"She's brought him to life." Esme commented as she heard Edward's laughter throughout the whole event with Seraphina. The others had left to try and find Charlie's home to get some stuff so she could live with the Cullens permanently. It was better off she did anyway.

She smiled faintly. It pained her a bit that it was Bella that made her boy feel that way, considering that had heard what Bella truly was like.

"He's been alone too long...but how can it end well?" Carlisle asked, and Esme sighed.

"Alice saw a vision. The woman was blonde. She was so in love with Edward, and he was in love with her, in the vision." Carlisle gave Esme a pointed look and she sighed. "My point is, Alice has been wrong before."

"Not often." Carlisle sighed.

"Carlisle. Bella is what he wants." Esme said. She was gentle but she sounded firm, as well. "It will...work out..somehow."

~

Edward was driving Bella home. She stayed quiet and he was silent as well. He couldn't read her mind and it was infuriating him because all he wanted to know was why she had said those things to Seraphina.

He remembered the days where he felt like she did. Misunderstood, sorry for yourself, scared of yourself. He remembered when he thought himself to be a monster. An abomination. And he felt like someone had stabbed him when Bella said those things to Seraphina.

True, Edward could not exactly feel much - like a stab or anything - but if he were human and got stabbed, that's what it'd feel like.

"You know..." he started, slightly grimacing. "You're not exactly being fair to Sara."

"What do you know?" Bella asked, her happy mood now somber. Edward clenched his jaw and tightened his grip on the steering wheel.

"A lot more than you do." He said coldly, trying not to snap at the girl completely.

"Oh yeah? Enlighten me." Bella didn't mean to sound so bitchy or anything, but she felt even more betrayed that her boyfriend was siding with Seraphina.

"I once felt like Seraphina did. Out of place. A monster. I've been there and i have lived through it and it ruined me." Edward began. He couldn't stop from saying anything and he felt the need to stand up for Seraphina. In the short span of a few months, Seraphina Swan had become a part of their family. She was Jasper's mate. And...she was their friend. "How alone i felt when i was turned by Carlisle. How afraid i was of what i had become." Bella scoffed and Edward frowned. "What you said was wrong. So, so wrong in many different ways." Edward sounded and looked as though he could cry. "Seraphina is family to us. We protect our family because at the end of the day....family is the only thing you got. The only thing that will always have your back. Remember Port Angeles? Seraphina had your back. Yet you call her an abomination for it. How wrong do you think that is?" By the time Edward finished speaking, he pulled up to the Swan residence. "Get out. I'll pick you up tomorrow." Once Bella had left the vehicle, Edward was quick to leave. He rushed home and as soon as he did, sped into the home.

"Edward." Esme said, placing a hand on her heart, slightly startled at Edward's sudden appearance.

"Has she eaten?" Edward asked. He had realised that after Bella had called her those things in the High School's parking lot, Seraphina hadn't eaten much.

"No." Esme sadly said and Edward nodded, pushing past his adoptive mother and stormed up the stairs. He knocked on Jasper's door and Seraphina answered. She had tears streaking down her face and she was wearing one of Jasper's hoodies.

"You okay?" Edward asked and Seraphina nodded, wiping her face.

"I'm great. Thanks for asking." She said sarcastically.

"Listen, Sara." Edward began, but he just sighed and wrapped her into a hug. She accepted it, almost crumbling to the floor. She buried her face into his chest, but Edward's hugs weren't the same as Jasper's. "You're not an abomination to me, okay? You're family now. We look after each other." Seraphina just nodded and pulled away from the hug, going and sitting by the windowsill.

"Thanks. I appreciate it, but i'd like to be left alone." She mumbled, and Edward nodded, understanding her wish.

"I'll bring you some food soon. You need to eat." With that, Edward left the room and left Seraphina to herself.

Seraphina spend the night trying to overpass the events and put them behind her. She really was trying and she was determined to not lose.

hey how was it?
Comment and vote xx

also, sorry for the shorter chapter. it's more of a filler anyway xx

thank you @Musicluvs1226 for suggesting new ideas that actually would fit great with the story :)