Epilogue

*toot toot*

From Aly:

Congrats Hon, nice game! The kids and I are super proud of you. See you tomorrow morning. Good night!

Napangiti si Kiefer nung nabasa niya 'yong text ni Alyssa, but instead of replying, he just got into his car and drove home. Bukas pa dapat ang uwi niya galing sa away game nila, pero since nakakuha siya ng last minute flight pabalik ng Miami, nauna na siya sa team.

After parking his car in the garage, he let himself into the house and went straight to the twins' bedrooms. Sinilip niya si Aki and saw him sleeping while hugging his small basketball. Dahan-dahan niyang kinuha kay Aki 'yong basketball, pinalitan nung King Eagle stuffed toy na binigay niya kay Alyssa when they were in college, and kissed him on his forehead.

Kiefer: (bumulong) Good night Kuya, I love you.

Pinuntahan naman ni Kiefer si Kia sa kabilang kwarto at napailing siya nung nakita niya 'yong Prinsesa niya na natutulog ng nakadapa habang 'yong kumot halos nalaglag na sa sahig. Inikot niya si Kia, placed his old Queen Eagle stuffed toy in her arms, and tucked her in again. Inayos ni Kiefer 'yong buhok ni Kia bago niya 'to hinalikan sa noo.

Kiefer: (bumulong) I love you my little Princess, good night.

Tumuloy si Kiefer sa kwarto nila ni Alyssa and turned on the lampshade on his side of the bed. Maghahanda lang siya dapat para mag-shower pero hindi niya naiwasang panoorin si Alyssa na natutulog. It's been almost two years, but there are days when it still feels like their wedding was nothing but a very beautiful dream.

*start of flashback*

Choir: Well, here we are again. I guess it must be fate. We've tried it on our own but deep inside we've known, we'd be back to set things straight. I still remember when your kiss was so brand new. Every memory repeats, every step I take retreats. Every journey always brings me back to you.

Bumukas 'yong pinto ng simbahan. It seemed like the entire building fell silent as Alyssa stepped through the doors and started walking down the aisle. Everyone was looking at her, captivated by her radiant smile and breathtaking beauty. But she only had eyes for Kiefer, 'yong tao na walang sawang nagmahal at umintindi sa kanya.

Choir: After all the stops and starts, we keep coming back to these two hearts. Two angels who've been rescued from the fall. And after all that we've been through, it all comes down to me and you. I guess it's meant to be, forever you and me, after all.

Nakatitig lang si Kiefer kay Alyssa habang pinapanood niya 'tong naglalakad papunta sa kanya. He remembered that day in Gesu years ago when she first walked down the aisle towards him, the same moment he promised himself that he will marry her someday.

Choir: When love is truly right, this time it's truly right. It lives from year to year. It changes as it goes. Oh, and on the way it grows, but it never disappears.

Hindi halos makapaniwala si Kiefer na dumating din 'yong araw na matagal niyang hinintay. In a few minutes, he will be marrying the most important woman in his life, his bestfriend and the mother of his children. Ngumiti sila ni Alyssa sa isa't-isa as she took her last few steps towards him.

Choir: After all the stops and starts, we keep coming back to these two hearts. Two angels who've been rescued from the fall. And after all that we've been through, it all comes down to me and you. I guess it's meant to be, forever you and me, after all.

Alyssa kissed her parents goodbye and as she tried to hold back her tears, si Kiefer naman 'yong nagmano at yumakap sa magulang niya. Afterwards, kinuha ng Papa niya 'yong kamay niya at inabot 'yon kay Kiefer.