Chapter 1

*Zariah's POV*
"Okay I have your results" the doctor sat down

Damn am I about to be someone's mom. I looked at the clock and I looked at the door. He isn't coming Z stop looking for him. Mainly because I don't know who he is. I don't know my baby's father. I couldn't go through my contacts and text my exes saying hey I think pregnant. I've been telling lies about the possible father but the jig is up Z. The lies have to stop. Face the music. You have no idea who the dad is. You've doomed your child to be another statistic of a little kid with no father. I'm pretty sure the dad is my last boyfriend. Cole. I was with cole for about 2 months. I wanted to wait to have sex. I didn't want to give it up too soon and be seen as easy. Cole seemed different. Cole seemed like he had his head on straight. Cole is married dumb bitch.

"I'm here baby" Grandma came and grabbed my hand
My grandmother is a very loving woman. She's my mother's mother. Her only child. My grandma Zana has always been my best friend next to my brother and has made sure we had a great life. I just know she'll do the same with my baby. By God's will she always says. It's hard to think she won't be here one day but she's always told me and my brother that. One day she won't be around and we will have to be strong enough to remember what she has taught us.

"You are not pregnant" the doctor smiled warmly sensing how terrified I am

"Thank God" I sighed

"Thank him for more than that" Grandma Zana hit my leg

"Sorry Nan" I sighed

"I told you and Zion. If you gonna be out there having sex use protection" She shook her head "be glad you ain't got nothing"

"Okay Nan I'm sorry" I looked at the ground

"Don't be sorry my baby. Be careful" she hugged me
I thanked the doctor and got up to leave.

"I won't let it happen again Nan" I rubbed her hand

"You better not" she pinched my cheek "so who's the fella"

"No one anymore Nan. He turned out to be married" I rolled my eyes

"Girl why you give him some then" she looked at me

"Because Nan. I thought he was it my Mr.Happily ever after"

"He ask you to marry him" she asked

"No ma'am" I shook my head

"Then how he the one" she slowly blinked

"Okay I get it Nan" I sighed "it was dumb"

"Family meeting tonight" she shook her head and got in her car

"I'll be home in a bit I'm going to head to the store and get some ice cream" I leaned into her window

"Ri what happened to all my damn ice cream in my house" she asked

"First of all Nan don't be out here doing that cussing. Secondly I ate it. I was stressed thought I was pregnant. Now I'm replacing it" I kissed her cheek

"Don't touch my stuff without asking Ri" she tried to hit me but I got in my car

"Love you Nan" I pulled off.
My phone dinged and I check it
Nanbear💕🐻:Don't be driving all fast either

I laughed and put my phone down. I ain't even pull out that fast. Well maybe it was a little fast. That's life tho sometimes you gotta go fast. Nan always says life ain't going nowhere and if you go too fast you'll miss something but life is passaging every day, every hour, every minute, every second. So I gotta make the most of it.
My mother traveled. She got her degree in journalism and she traveled. She ran a blog about her travels. My brother Zion was born on her travels. He was born in Jamaica. Our father was there then. He traveled with my mother. There's tons of pictures and souvenirs from their trips. My birth wasn't as cool. I was born here in Jersey. I actually prevented my mom from going on a trip. Her and my father were scheduled to take off to Mexico. She told him she'd be fine and to go ahead and she'd meet him there. Unfortunately that never happened. She died the day after I was born. The cause of her death wasn't told to me. Assuming they don't want me to know because they're afraid I'll blame myself or something.
As a kid I did but now as an adult I'm 95% sure it was the doctors fault.

My father was apparently stuck in Mexico and couldn't come back. Something about lost luggage and a passport. I don't entirely believe the story but that is why I have no clue who the man is. Aside from pictures and a first name. I have no information on my father. However it doesn't brother me, I have an older brother and a uncle who I love dearly. Uncle Meech. His name is actually Milton after Granddad but he goes by Meech. Uncle Meech is the best dad a girl could ask for. He absolutely spoils me and always has. Uncle Meech got hella money and takes cares of his family accordingly.

My phone dinged again and I checked it.
BoyBestie💚🖤: You Knocked Up?
I simply laughed and picked up my phone to call him. My boy best friend is a dude named Jahmil. He is bisexual and I met him in middle school. He was being bullied by some boys for asking out this girl. They were saying stuff like why would she want to go on a date with a gay boy. So I said if she didn't want to go with him I did. She agreed to go on a date with him however it didn't go anywhere but she is still our friend. Jahmil has been my bestie every since. The girl who agreed to go on a date with him is our friend Mackenzie. She is in this on again off again relationship with her boyfriend since high school Vegas. Yes his name is Vegas. Birth name Vegas Dell. He is a certified loser if you ask me but not my monkey and not my circus.

I called Jahmil and Mackenzie on 3 way
Jahmil: So girl what's the tea
Mackenzie: I needs to know you a momma
Me: no y'all test was negative
Jahmil: period that kitty finna stay tight meow
Mackenzie: pussy wet pussy tight pussy super soaker
Me: y'all not on this phone talking about my vagina. I just know it
Mackenzie: we are
Jahmil: because we love you
Me: whatever
Mackenzie: so who was the maybe daddy
Me: I think Cole
Jahmil: oh where is cole
Me: with his wife
Mackenzie: his huh
Jahmil: his who
Me: his wife but it's whatever. Who needs him
Mackenzie: not you
Jahmil: or ya pussy
Me: on that note I'm at the store ttyl whores
I hung up the phone and got out the car and walked into the store. I need to hurry up buy this ice cream and get home before Nan beats my ass. I walked to the back, got the ice cream and checked out. I saw that I had a text from Cole. I ignored it and drove home.

"What took you so long" Nan asked "you had to make the ice cream"

"Nah I was on the phone with Jahmil and Mackenzie in the parking lot" I laughed

"What them fools talking about" she asked

"Nothing. You know them" I shrugged and put the ice cream away

"Zariah today was serious and I want to be sure I don't have to worry about you getting into some situation" she sighed

"Nan trust you won't. Today was a wake up call and this situation as a whole. I'm a hopeless romantic but maybe I need to be a realistic romantic" I shrugged
I put some left overs in the microwave

"Your day will come" she kissed my cheek

"Yo" Zion walked in and ruffled my hair

"Zion what the hell" I fixed my hair

"Hey little sis" he laughed

"Zion don't mess with her hair" Nan hit him with some mail she was going through

"Sorry Nan" he kissed her cheek

"Here's Meech's allowance for you two" she handed each of us an envelope

"Yessir" Zion kissed the envelope

"I'm getting a new set" I looked at my nails

"Do you two save that money" she asked

"Of course we do Nan. We don't have bills" Zion laughed

"We live here with you and you take care of us" I laughed and grabbed my food.
Before Nan had a rebuttal we both walked off into our rooms.
I'm saving up to move out actually but I don't know how to tell Nan,Zion, or Uncle Meech. They want me to stay the baby of the family that everyone has to take care of. But I'm a grown ass woman and it's time they see that. I finished my food and got ready for bed. I opened my laptop turned on Netflix and settled under the covers.