Sheesha ho ya Dil ho

'Cause I know I can treat you better than he can
And any girl like you deserves a gentleman
Tell me why are we wasting time
On all your wasted crying
When you should be with me instead?
I know I can treat you better
Better than he can.....

................................................................................................................................................................

"I broke up with Akshay.."Said Mallika, her voice cracked, tears streaming down her face. 

Sumedh was in dilemma. At one hand, he had his current girlfriend who was waiting to be picked by him so they could go to their valentine's day date and on the other hand he had the girl for whom he felt something unacceptable in his arms, crying. 

Before being the girl he liked, Mallika was his friend and leaving her there, crying wont keep up to the duty of a friend. So he did, what he had too. He knew, even though this was an understandable situation,  Khushi will feel bad if he stood up at her, left her hanging. He would owe her a but more after that day, but he was ready for the consequences, for the girl that had streams of tears flowing down her face he was ready to stand up to anyone for that matter. And moreover Khushi would understand right? yeah she will feel bad but she would understand right? Deciding to make it up to Khushi later on, Sumedh came out of his dilemma and now turned his focus onto Mallika.

"Hey.... shh... calm down... come here" He guided her to the sitting area of his apartment, making her sit before closing the door and bringing a glass of water for her. 

He didn't knew how to handle her in this situation. Afterall it was just a breakup right? But the pain one goes through in a breakup is the pain only those know, who have gone through it. 

After drinking the glass of water, Mallika seemed a little calm. His hand on her knee, providing her the support and comfort she needed. 

"Now, tell me what happened...." he asked hesitantly. It was not as if he was interested in knowing what was the reason behind her breakup because he wanted tea. He knew, she wont open up until or unless a little push is given to her, or else she would again start following her ' i didn't wanted to empty my emotional baggage on you so i hid from you' theory, he had worked hard to get her out of that bubble. He didn't wanted her to go being that gloomy Mallika again whom she had just started to forget a few days back. He won't let that happen. He can't risk that happening. 

Even though it might seem a little like invading her privacy, Sumedh asked her that. 

"You took... a promise... from me that.. i would not hide things from you..... i will share my sorrows with you and you'd listen to me... and wont judge me... because you cared for me..... that's why i came here to you......" Mallika said, looking at him, a few tears leaving her eyes here and there.

"I would never judge you... i'm here for you, i always will.." he said giving a squeeze to her knee and looking into her eyes, trying to give her the assurance that he was there. 

"I went over at his place and he was acting all different and was taunting me how i never give him time and everything he says everytime we fight... he didn't even appreciate the efforts i had taken to make the night enjoyable...... we both got into an argument.... he told me many bad things that i might have done to him, but i didn't like hearing that coming from him because i thought he understood me..... our argument grew longer and longer, we both said many things which hurt us both and then i told him that i needed a break.. but instead he told me how he won't be able to continue things after the break, so I said it was better if we broke up.." Mallika said, her voice a little stable than before but atlast, it cracked again. 

Such is life ✨जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें