Dil hai ki maanta nahi

O, dil hai ki maanta nahi.......

............................................................................

Khushi's POV

I had to do it. I had to break up with Sumedh before leaving for England tomorrow. 

I know its a little unfair on my part for not telling his this earlier, but i tried to. On Valentine's day, i was going to tell him this but he was caught up with Mallika and i'm not envious about that. They deserve eachother. They deserve to be together. 

I and Sumedh were in a relationship, but it has no sparks and moreover it feels like a forced relationship which i'm sure Sumedh feels too. I was attracted to him, and i kind of pushed him to ask me out, which he did. He even honestly told me whatever he feels for Mallika, well not completely. But i'm not a fool. I know how to read between the lines. 

What Sumedh and I have is great friendship, but something beyond that is not something we're suitable for. We're compatible for eachother no matter how compatible we look. Because in people's eyes we might be compatible, but people don't know what goes on in this relationship, which is nothing. 

I seriously dont hold any grudges against Sumedh or Mallika. They are destinied to be together! I dont know why they can't see it. I am glad i could play a small role, in making a step to bring them together. Now forwards, its on Sumedh, Mallika and Destiny to make things work. And i'm sure some magic will be casted over there. 

And i know its not onesided, i know it for a fact that even Mallika likes Sumedh! I have seen the way she looks at him, i have seen the way she had glared me once i was with Sumedh- gosh that was scary, she's happy whenever Sumedh gives her a bit of his attention, she's so happy around him, i have seen her looking out for comfort from him and the fact that she ran to him when she broke up with that guy, is itself a big proof of the fact that she likes him, a lot. 

I think i should have broken up with him before, that thought did cross my mind, but i had a reason to not do it. By being his girlfriend, he was obliged to give me his time and listen to what i speak, and i am sure he would've done that even if i was not his girlfriend but the thing here is, Sumedh is still reluctant to accept his feelings for Mallika. 

He might have said a thousand times in his mind, that he likes her, but i bet he has never ever said that out loud. My aim, is to make him say that out loud. I have a few more objectives to fulfil, before i leave the country. 

Afterall, i'm their wingwoman!

After i made my mind, i planned on working on it as soon as possible, which bring me to this moment right here. 

I look at Sumedh, infront of me after i had dropped the bomb on him, i couldn't help but let a few tears that had gathered in my eyes fall. Its hard. No, i dont have feelings for him, but i am here to break a relation and it is as cruel as it sounds. l But i'll have to do it, since its for the best! It will lead to uniting two people who are meant to be together. 

I look at him, and he looks shocked. "What?" he asked in a low voice. I nod my head at him, with a sad smile on my face when i decide to drop another bomb, 

"and i'm here to breakup with you..." i say in the same volume as his. 

I wipe my eyes, trying to get a hold of myself while Sumedh still looked astounded. "What.. why? what happened?" 

"Let's talk" 

...

After settling on the couch, Khushi begins telling him. 

Such is life ✨जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें