Chapter 20 ☬

TODAY HAD BEEN A WEIRD DAY FOR ME.

Escaping Bigelow's yellow mobile-prison was the opening chapter to freedom. Tricking the ticket attendant was touché. Bumping cars and evading Bigelow when I could practically smell the driver's breath on my neck was easy. Almost running into a clown juggling thirteen balls at a time was not something I'll forget in an instant. Playing a dare game with a stranger was really something Lisa would scold me for. Getting chased by a rhino-sized-rugby-turned-truant officer was way out of this Earth. Being the root of a battle between able-bodied men and outlaws was something devilishly creative. (If all these weren't enough, keep listening).

Being forced to chew peppermint leaves in treeful amounts by my so-called friends was wicked. Like, wickedly wicked!

Most painful part? Getting kicked in the groin with a stiletto (which still hurts, thanks for asking) by a grandma who thought beauty is ageless especially when you're in a vintage suit and you're around what? - a millennium old? And you're definitely not Aphrodite, the Greek goddess of beauty!

But my day was only beginning to get weird. After upchucking my guts, I felt a tad better. Rupert supplied me an old-fashioned glass of water after being able to convince Lady Sophia that I was an unfortunate traveller, who was robbed by a dozen unscrupulous bandits. That I was not the bandit but a victim of the lots.

The grey-haired woman's tight James Bond expression softened and was replaced by a gentle expression reminiscent of Mother Teresa.

"Oh no! Get him some oregano salve and water. Be quick! He's dying!" She wailed.

"Don't worry, mom," Rupert said. "Just get back inside. It won't be cool if you see someone bite the dust when you're so close to doing that yourself."

The aged woman was confused by the euphemism, bite the dust, but she agreed to return inside.

"Only on one condition," Lady Sophia said, making the cold atmosphere amongst four teens tense up ten times than before.

"What is it?" Rupert asked.

"My back hurts." Lady Sophia said. The air seemed to thicken like fog, becoming denser with suspense. The thought of massaging the back of Lady Sophia made me want to throw up again. "Pluck that plant for me. I want to eat them right away!"

Rupert's shoulders relaxed. When I raised my head and saw Lady Sophia chewing peppermint leaves raw, I decided it wouldn't hurt to pass out again.

That was until I saw the impossible. My faint spell disappeared.

Don't forget to VOTE.

Short chapter, hehe