Prologue I ☬

A Clown and a man
A man so pompous and proud
Don't dare Miss Fortuna

A MURDEROUS CLOWN holding a trident came after him near the edge of the busy countryside fair.

He had seen the Clown somewhere before. To be frank, he had, but not this bloodthirsty and armed with a bloody trident.

Yet, his memory refused to remind him of where and on what occasion.

Oh, now he remember. He had had a wide range of options to select from then.

Three days ago, he played a game of chance called the Wheel of Miss Fortuna with a Clown. He lost and walked away, thinking he could escape Nemesis, the Greek goddess of revenge. Little did he know.

Right now he ran at full speed, bumping into the carefree carnival countrypeople. At one point, his wallet slipped out of the loose, saggy pocket of his parka.

It was a point at which he turned, just in time to see the beggar boy he had told to get lost earlier pick it up and scurry away. With the murderous Clown right behind him.

Him! The victim.

Haha, looks like the boy never got lost and even if he did - thanks to Hermes, the Greek god of travel, road, theft and more - the boy found his way. Hermes is really a nice and tricky god. He definitely love helping lost younglings and getting them lost again.

Great thanks also to Fortuna - the Roman goddess of luck, fortune and fate-for small favours. The youngling was fortunate enough to find a delicious token lying on the path of his journey back home.

Curse you, street rat. Bet that's what you believed the man on the run would said. Oh no, that's not what he said. His jumbled mind was far off to even remember to curse the boy.

Why?

Because a murderous Clown holding a three pronged spear was after his dear life. Like an agitated palomino, he galloped out of the fair into the woods.

Few hours later, his body was found, stuck in a sharp crag near the river shore. The rocks here were bleak, bare and sharp. The fast-flowing water ebbed and flowed against the man's bare skin, giving him one thorough last bath.

Oh, and the body wasn't just found. It was cold and lifeless and three deep holes punctured where the heart used to be.

I hope you enjoyed this introductory section as much as I enjoyed writing it. Don't forget to VOTE ⭐ so that the dead man can find his heart or he dies the second time.

A/N: You will discover that from this publishing hence, I'll be inserting Haikus at the top to summarize it. I hope you find this cute as it gives it more of a poetic title rather than the conventional types.