16

Angel had barely slept, every sound waking her, every beep of a machine disturbing her from any attempts to rest

Angel had barely slept, every sound waking her, every beep of a machine disturbing her from any attempts to rest. She was still in the hospital bed with Cosmic... or perhaps it was Jhin in control now, she didn't know. Whichever of them was there, they were still asleep, so she gently attempted to wake them, hoping Jhin would be the one to gaze up at her.

"Ugh, what happened?" Jhin asked, sitting up. He put his hand to his head, it apparently hurting after the shockfest he'd experienced some hours before. He looked around, eventually realizing that they were in some sort of hospital setting.

"Shh, don't..." Angel sat up and turned him towards her. "Don't freak out, okay? I don't want them to come back..." She whispered, her clawed hand against his beneath is chin.

"Who....?" Jhin thought to himself for a moment, recalling the previous events in a bit of a blur. "Were we captured?" He asked, looking around the room as his vision began to come back into focus.

The albino crawled into his lap while he sat up on the bed. "Yeah. Everyone's been split up but us. They told me if I agreed to wear this weird halo thing around my neck that I could stay with you." She said, holding onto the man tightly.

"I see..." Jhin rubbed his eyes, unsure as to what the fuck they'd do next.

Raxen monitored every room, a smug look over his face. He watched Jhin and Angel closely, them being the only ones awake as the hours continued to fall through the night. All of the rooms were darkened, only a dim light remaining above each of them. The walls were white, as were the floors and their ceilings. Even the beds were a silver in coloring, with nothing but white dressings. The glass walls let passing lab coats see into their room, their statuses and data seen on parts of the glass in neon blue and red lettering. 

"Everything alright sir? Should I split them up since they're both awake?" One of the men asked, stopping nearest Raxen who still looked onwards at the two beasts.

"No, let them stay together. It's fascinating. Their energies are so opposite, yet something keeps them together. Perhaps her love for him, and his desire to use her as some sort of shield... I don't rightly know. But I must find out what Mr. Khada Jhin sees in this angel. Perhaps he's actually fond of her, though studies show serial killers lack all versions of empathy. Hmmm...." Raxen mused, completely enthralled now.

"As you wish sir."

The following afternoon...

"So why the masks Jhin?" Raxen was asking the hunter that was strapped down to the bed now.

"Everyone wears a mask. I just chose to create my own.." Jhin replied, feeling Angel's clawed hands in his hair. She was standing behind the bed he was in, that had been pulled towards the middle of the room now.

Rax smirked, and adjusted his glasses. "So I see. Tell me, what is your relationship to this creature that you allow to tag along with you? She's always there protecting you. Why is that?"