10

Two nights later

Two nights later...

Jhin was moving through the city with caution, but not with obvious intent. He didn't have Angel with him, her being still passed out on the floor in that strange other form of hers. She'd been in a deep slumber for a little over 49 hours now, so he used the time to slip from her apartment out into the open air. The tall man kept a helm over his face, not wishing to breathe in the putrid city toxins nor the stench that was human life. His black and red armor looked rather sleek in the night as he moved, his helm glowing with a blood red symbol over the front of it as he scanned the area. He smirked to himself, having remembered that Angel had called this particular suit his Project skin, as he often referred to his outfits as "skins" or various "masks" he wore to cover his ordinary body and face. 

People seemed to hover around the edges of the streets, often deep in conversation about something that wasn't worth listening in on. A few police openly patrolled the area, some driving in their cars, others on motorcycles. They were trying to keep the crime in this area under control, as Angel seemed to live in one of the dirtier sides of District IV.

"Ah good evening sir, what can I get'cha?" A man at one of the markets asked.

Jhin had stopped at a soup shop. "Hmm, perhaps two orders of your finest chicken and dumplings soup." It was his favorite after all.

The elderly man nodded, and began to fill the order, packaging it neatly. "I like your suit, goes well with all these neon lights. Though I can't say I enjoy them all the time, it's hard on the eyes." The man chuckled, ringing up the items. "Hope you have a lovely night."

I do what others will not. That alone is innovation.

Khada Jhin made it back to Angel, shockingly, without having killed anyone. He made sure that no one saw him wandering over to her apartment, and then slipped inside. From within the building, his ears were able to make out various sounds, from the dozens of people packed into that run-down slab of filth. It was a wonder the building were still standing at all. Everything from crying, to begging, moaning and yelling could be heard. It annoyed Khada, and he reminded himself to clear out the building later, when the opportunity presented itself. Perhaps if he slaughtered everyone inside, he could enjoy some peace and quiet.

The tall male set the food down on the counter, and then wandered over to where Angel was still deep in her slumber. He used the opportunity to change out of his suit, and then turned the shower on in Angel's bedroom. He all but avoided what used to be his prison, and stopped for a moment when he came across Nocturne, her black cat.

"How do you deal with being cooped up in here all the time I wonder?" Jhin's soft hands scratched beneath the cat's neck, before he wandered off again.

Jhin grumbled to himself as he attempted to drag Angel from her spot. She was heavier when she was knocked out, but his strength and stubbornness was more then enough to get the job done. He dragged her all the way into her room, her cat meowing occasionally, somewhat concerned. The man told Nocturne that this was a necessary evil, and then shoved Angel into the shower, the water raining down on her body.

"Time to wake up you fiend. You're starting to smell more like an animal then your cat does."

Angel screeched as she was abruptly awoken from her healing sleep, her wings flaring out and crashing into the walls as she got up, then slipped and fell flat onto her ass in the shower. The shampoo, conditioner, and body soap bottles went flying, water being flung out in all directions as she gasped and shook off violently under the raining water. It wasn't even warm.

Nocturne bolted from the spot on her bed, hiding beneath it now.

"The LEAST you could have done is turned the water on HOT and not FREEZING COLD!!" Angel hissed, adjusting the water as she shrank down into her smaller form. "Goddamnit Jhin sometimes you can be SUCH an ASSHOLE!!"

"I brought you dinner." The male muttered, rubbing his eyes and shaking his head at her.

Angel was drenched, and ripped off her gown since it stuck to her body. "GET OUT!!" She snapped. She had half a mind to throw water from one of her wings at the man, but she thought better of it, and drew the curtain so that she could shower herself.

Khada used the time to get clean himself, then he prepared dinner for them both. She had a rather small dining room table with three chairs, so he decided to set a small bit of it beneath the middle chair for her cat. Nocturne came flying out of the room the moment he smelled the food, and Jhin encouraged him with a pat on the head. He didn't know what Angel had been feeding him, but figured that with her out cold for two nights now, that he needed something delicious.

Angel wandered out from her room, looking a bit more normal now. Jhin seemed rather satisfied with the appearance, though she didn't wear anything other then some light blue robe. He decided not to make a fuss about it, watching her dry off her long white hair with a pink towel.

"Come, sit." The male demanded, as though she wasn't getting a choice in it or something.

Angel groaned and put the towel over her chair, then sat down. "It does smell really good..." She murmured with a sigh.

Jhin couldn't understand what was with her, or why the attitude persisted. "What?" He looked at her, demanding an answer while he poured them each a glass of fresh lemonade.

"Don't worry about it, you wouldn't understand or care anyway." She growled.

The man looked over over, and could see that her eyes were a deeper blue. "What's wrong with your eyes." He didn't even sound like he was asking at this point.

The albino signed, and forced herself to eat some of the soup. "You woke me during a healing state Jhin. It sends me into shock and it's incredibly painful. Not to mention you literally threw me under cold water so-"

"I'm sorry."

Nocturne appeared, having climbed up on the chair that was between the other two. "Merrrow?" He flicked his tail happily, a pleasant distraction to them both. Angel sighed and gave him some loving scratches, Jhin also reaching over to lightly run his fingers over the cat's face and ears. The two scratching him touched hands for a moment, before Angel pulled hers away. Noc looked over at her, before meowing a second time.

Angel continued to pout for a little while longer, Jhin cleaning up after them, washing their dishes, and then wandering back into the living room. The cat seemed to take to him, curling up on his lap while he sat there watching the news channel. The albino seemed slightly jealous that her cat was becoming fond of him, and sat at the edge of the couch with her arms crossed over her chest. Khada seemed unbothered by her negative energy, and after flicking through a few channels, he grabbed his pillow he'd been keeping on her sofa, and shoved it into her lap. Her legs had been crossed the whole time since she was being defiant, so he figured it wouldn't be an issue if he used her to lay on. He ignored her growls of protest, and simply cuddled with Nocturne as though she weren't even there.