5

Behind every mask

Behind every mask... is another mask.

Jhin bought himself, and Angel, rather cool glowing neon masks. They were both all black but had different neon lights that pulsed from them, his glowing gold, and hers was pink. Everywhere on the streets, were thousands of people in their usual masks, as well as various glowing ones similar to theirs. What a perfect night, and fantastic way to blend in.

Which is the lie? The mask, or my face?

He ran his fingers over his gun, back in its holster where it belonged. It felt good to have Whisper back, and the fresh air was rather nice too. People were holding sparklers in the air, screaming, shouting, and even singing. They were all walking through the city, or leaping from the buildings, towards the center of District IV, where the big outdoor stage was set up. All of the people in the dance show were to line up to the left, while the rest were to the right, heading inside. There weren't that many dancers brave enough to go up on stage, but Angel had really taken a liking to the idea. She handed them two neon badges, getting her and the mysterious Jhin inside.

It would be rather easy to escape, if Jhin wanted to. Which, he surely did. But his desire for attention was a little stronger right then. And so he followed her through the scene, lights blazing in their faces, and made their way to the backstage area. They'd get 20 minutes to warm up, and then they'd be out on the stage.

Only to the audience do I show my true face.

There were two other dancers practicing backstage when Jhin and Angel arrived. A boy with wolf ears and a long bushy black tail, and then a cowboy with a big hat on. They were also wearing the neon glow masks, and waved at their fellow dancers as they all wandered inside. The one with the cowboy hat tipped his hat towards Jhin, who gave a polite wave, then stood beside Angel. He wasn't exactly sure what he was doing there, but the audience was huge, as this was a rather big event. Every single district in Epsilon was throwing a similar party on this night, since it was the final day of Spring.

Loud music was heard playing, and everyone seemed to instantly get riled up. The sounds of thumping from the speakers on stage could be heard for miles. Everyone gathered before the massive stage, or stood atop their buildings to flash their lights and dance along with the music that slammed through the entire district.

"FUCK YEAH THIS IS GONNA BE AWESOME!!!" The Wolfboy was screaming.

The cowboy tipped his hat again, and headed out onto the stage with his friend. "Alrighty, let's show 'em what we got my friend." He sort of chuckled, the crazy music blasting against the stage walls.

"ALL DANCERS REPORT IN FOR THE ULTIMATE SHOWWWW!" The man on the loudspeaker was saying, everyone in the audience roaring as the volunteers started to show up on stage.

Angel grabbed Jhin's wrist, and dragged him out there with her. This really wasn't his sort of scene, and the music was rather loud and appalling as well. He preferred a piano, a violin, anything that was more graceful then this. However at the same time, with all those people there, he just couldn't help himself. He watched as the Wolfboy and the one with the hat waved and started to move their feet.