[26] THE BRIEFING

THE BRIEFING

     While waiting for the mission to start, I unpack my things and make sure everything is in order

So far, it seems like all my equipment is working properly, and I even incorporated some of the items from Agent Carter's box, but those are a last resort.

Since I still have some time before the mission starts, I decide to take a tour of the plane.

It's actually quite spacious and modern, equipped with everything needed for mission.

They even have a mini bar inside, and a really nice lounge.

As I walk by the lab, Jemma waves her hand to get my attention.

"Oh, hi Jemma." I say with a smile, walking towards the table where she and Fitz are working.

"How's everything going?" She asks with a smile.

"It's good, I'm just exploring the plane."

After staying quiet for a while I speak up again, "The lab is incredible."

"Yep." Fitz agrees. "We've got everything you could need on a mission."

"Speaking of, would you happen to have any icers?"

Fitz and Jemma look at each other before answering.

"Yes we do as a matter of fact." She says opening one of the cabinets, then she hands me a box. "Here they are."

"Thank you." There is still some tension in the air. "Are you guys okay?"

"Yes, it's just that..." Jemma starts and as expected Fitz finishes her sentence. "No one has asked for icers in a while."

"I see." I say, pursing my lips. "Well, I usually avoid a fight as much as possible, and I don't want to hurt anyone, so I prefer to use icers."

"It's just we don't have any at home."

All they manage to say is 'oh', followed by "a why is that?"

"It's not exactly in the team's weaponry."

"That's true."

No further explanation is needed.

"Anyway, thanks for the icers." I say, heading for the door.