[3] NOT A DREAM?

NOT A DREAM?

     That was probably one of the craziest but awesomest dreams I've ever had. After a good night's rest – which consisted mostly of going over and over what happened earlier – I am ready to begin a new day!

Rolling on my bed, I stare at the ceiling for a few moments before getting up to get ready.

My tired reflection stares back at me as I brush my teeth, my thoughts still in the dream.

At least that's what I keep telling myself. That it was all a dream. But another part of myself wants to believe it was real.

I mean, they felt so real.

Still, there is just no way.

Snap out of it!

A dream makes sense, but how do you explain finding a portal to another world?

It's better to just forget about it. I should just focus on school.

Yeah, that's what I'm going to do. No more thinking about it.

As I walk out of the bathroom, I freeze in my spot when I notice the unfamiliar room, slowly tiptoeing my way to the door when I hear voices outside.

That's odd.

I look down at my clothes, and notice the shirt and pants Natasha lent me.

No way!

Quietly, I slip out of the room, staring in amazement at the tower in broad daylight, the sun rising over the horizon, but no one seems to be around.

"Morning." Someone says, and I jump at the voice, extending my arms in front of me into a defensive position.

The figures chuckles and shakes his head, my cheeks flushing in embarrassment.

"What's up with that?"

"You scared me." I say, placing a hand over my chest.

"Yeah, I see that." Tony says. "It's just me fangirl."

I nod along, eyes widening as I look at him.

"Wait, I'm still here?"

"Yeah."

"Why am I still here? I thought it was only a dream."

He shrugs in response.

If I see them and they see me, then it means it's real...right?

"Do you always do that?" He asks after a while, raising a brow.

"Do what?"

"The pose thing." He points out.

"I-uh-no. It's a reflex I guess."

One that I hadn't really noticed before.

"What's going on?" Natasha asks.

"The kid's a fighter." Tony says, taking a sip of his coffee.

"Is that so?"

I vigorously shake my head in response.

"Don't get any ideas Tony." Steve says. "We still don't know how long Vanessa is staying here or how we are going to get her home."