[4] THE AVENGERS

THE AVENGERS

     The unexpected movie day turned out to be quite fun, with the Avengers asking questions and adding their own commentary to the movies, making it all the more interesting to watch

You don't get to watch a movie with heroes often, especially because most of the time they have to save the world. But it turns out that the team does have more days off than you would think, which I'm glad to hear since we always see them saving the world on screen.

Since we started early, we watched a few movies before ordering some takeout, resuming the movie marathon after that.

After a while of watching the movie, I can't stand it any longer. Standing up, I excuse myself and head off to my room.

"Where are you going? Movie is not over." Tony calls out.

"Are you feeling alright?" Steve asks.

"Oh, well, I just remembered that I have to work on my chemistry homework. I better get started on that." I say, giving them a small smile before I keep walking.

"What's with her?" Tony asks.

"I'll go check on her." Steve says.

"I can go too." Bruce says standing up. "Just in case she needs help."

Back in the room, I close the door and make sure it's locked, then I sit on the floor.

I have this strange feeling on my chest, and for some reason I feel sad. I'm not sure why, but I could also feel Dr. Banner's nervousness while watching the movie, and that in itself was making me nervous, if it makes sense.

A knock on the door makes me lift my head up.

"Is everything okay? Why is your door locked?" I hear Steve's voice.

"Hold on a second." I say, shuffling around the room for a change of clothes.

After changing my shirt and putting on some pants, I slowly open the door.

"Hi."

"Hey, you alright?"

"Yeah. Sorry for locking the door um Captain Rogers sir, I was changing clothes." I say, straightening my back into better posture.

"Oh okay." He says rubbing the back of his neck. Now it's awkward. "Well, if you need anything just let us know."

"Understood." I say, giving him a small salute.

As Steve walks away, Dr. Banner approaches.

"I....I just came to see if you needed any help with your homework." He says, his lips slightly up into a tight smile, still nervous.

"Actually yes. I could use some help." I say getting my papers and notebook. "Where should we go? The lab or the kitchen...?"

"We can go to the lab if you don't mind." He says.

"Okay! Lab it is!" I say following behind him as we go down to the lab, the tower way bigger than I imagined.

"So, what are you working on?" He asks once we reach our destination, his shoulders relaxed now that we are in a more comfortable space.

"Um..." I look at my paper and see the word gamma. "Well, the worksheet has some problems on radioactive decay."

"But, actually I think I get it now." I say, pursing my lips together.

"You're acting weird." He points out fixing his glasses.

"I am weird." I say, giving him a small shrug.

The comment makes Dr. Banner laugh. "Alright, let me see the paper."

Without arguing further, I slowly hand him the worksheet, carefully watching his reaction as he reads over the paper. He stares at it for a moment and then starts explaining.

After a while, Tony Stark comes and knocks.

"I thought the homework was an excuse for not watching the movie." He says.

"Let me see." He says taking the paper. He stares at it and then smiles. "This is easy, why didn't you ask me for help?"

"You're not the only one in the world Tony." I say, the comment making him crack a smile.

"You're right, actually Banner here is the man for the job."

"What do you mean?" He asks, slightly confused.

"Because of the Gamma problems." Tony says. "There is no one who knows gamma like Banner does."

"He is really good at explaining." I say with a smile.

"Did he get carried away?" Tony asks, laughing when Bruce covers his face.

"I don't mind." I say. "It's really interesting. And I finally got to finish." I add stretching my arms.

"Is the movie over?" Bruce asks.

"Yes. It's over. I think we should call it a day now." Tony says.

"Thanks for your help Dr. Banner." I say, collecting my things.

"No problem. I'll be glad to help any time."

With that we head back to the living room, where the rest of the team is carried away in conversation.

As they talk, their watches simultaneously beep.

"Looks like duty calls." Tony says. "Time to suit up."

"You got a mission?" I ask.

"Yes. But don't worry. We won't take long." He reassures. "And Bruce can keep you company while we're gone."

"You don't have to go?"

"Nah, only when it's a code green."

"Sorry kiddo. I know you just got here but..."

"It's alright. Be careful!"

"Will do."

"We'll probably see you tomorrow. In the meantime, don't cause any trouble while we're gone!" Tony shouts.

"I'll try." I say.

Minutes later, the team is all suited up and ready to go.

"Wow. You look awesome!" I say, giving them a thumbs up.

Smiling, they each give a small nod and board the quinjet.

"Don't have too much fun without us!" Tony shouts, the hangar door closing as the quinjet takes off, disappearing once it reaches the clouds above.

"So cool." I mutter.

There they go. Earth's Mightiest Heroes oof to save the world.

I wonder what kind of mission they are going to?

[Jan 07, 2022]