[25] MEET THE TEAM

MEET THE TEAM

     My fingers drum on my knees at a constant rhythm, leg bouncing up and down as we take off

Agent Coulson, who is sitting in front of me, occasionally glances my way, but when I start fidgeting with the belt straps, he says,

"Don't worry, you're going to like the team. Besides, it's only for one mission, then you can go home."

"It's my first mission sir, I guess I'm excited and nervous at the same time." I say, managing to give him a small smile.

"It's perfectly normal." He says, returning the smile.

Some time later, Coulson stands up and looks out the window. "It looks like we are here. We're ready for you inside, but take as much time as you need."

"I know it can be a lot to take in."

"Thank you."

Taking a deep breath in, I unbuckle my belt and slowly stand up.

This is it. This is where everything could change for better or for worse.

As I step off the jet and into the plane, I'm received by a girl.

"Hi, you must be Vanessa." She says, extending her hand, I shake it and smile. "My name is Daisy Johnson."

"Nice to meet you Daisy."

"Come on, everyone is dying to meet you." She says, excitedly pulling me along with her.

She wasn't lying when she said that they wanted to meet me since I am received with big smiles.

"Hi. You must be Agent Lee." One of the scientists says. "Coulson told us you were coming."

"My name is Jemma Simmons and this is Leopold Fitz, it is very nice to meet you." It seems like I'm not the only fangirl on board. "Oh how rude of me, Fitz, could you show Vanessa her room?"

"Uh...yeah...sure, no problem. Follow me." He says.

This plane is incredible.

You can tell that they love S.H.I.E.L.D, or at least are proud of it, given that the logo is literally everywhere.

I follow him into the living room to get to the little dorms on the side.

"This is where you will be staying." He says, opening the door. "I'm on your left side and Daisy is on your right, just in case you need anything."