[16] REUNIONS AND MORE HEROES

REUNIONS & NEW HEROES

     My stomach churns and tightens as the door slides open, revealing a small team of heroes, one of them very familiar

"Agent Lee, meet our newest recruits." Coulson introduces.

The red and blue figure's eyes widen when he jumps from the ceiling to the floor, taking a few steps forward.

"Vanessa?" He questions.

"You know her?" One of his teammates asks.

"Uh, oh, yeah." He says, letting out a nervous chuckle.

He pretty much just blew his cover, even though I already knew. But he doesn't know that...yet.

"Hi. It's nice to meet you all."

"Agent Lee will be watching your training today, maybe even give a few pointers while she is here."

"I'll give you a few minutes to get acquainted."

There is an awkward pause as Coulson leaves the room.

"So Spidey, are you going to introduce us to your friend?" The one with the golden helmet and cool space uniform says.

"Right. This is Iron Fist, White Tiger, Nova, and Power Man." Each raises their hand as they are introduced.

"I'm just Vanessa. No code name. Unless you count Agent Lee? Then yeah."

"What brings you here? Do you work for S.H.I.E.L.D?"

"Not exactly." I say. "This is barely my second time here."

They nod.

"Do you have any powers?"

"No. No powers. Just regular training as a field agent." I say, nervously glancing at Iron Fist who is staring at me with a frown.

"Everything okay Danny?" White tiger asks.

"Oh yeah. I know it's rude to stare. Sorry about that." He says.

"It's no problem." I say.

I wonder what that's about.

Before I can get an answer, Coulson enters the room, clearing his throat behind us to get our attention.

"If you'll excuse us," Coulson says, "I need to speak with Agent Lee in my office before we begin."