[40] RESCUE

RESCUE

I've lost track of time. Day and night are nothing more than a blur. There are no windows, just four white walls and a metal door. For all I know, it could be a few days, weeks, or maybe a month. At this point I don't really know.

All I know is that HYDRA hasn't given up. And neither have I.

"Are you ready to comply?" He asks, to which I just respond by glaring at his figure.

"I already told you," I say, emphasizing each word, "I have nothing to give to you."

"Fine. Then we will just keep at it until we find it. Whatever it is."

"You have something that we want."

"Keep going until you get a reaction."

After another while of simulations, he comes back in, a folder in his hand this time.

"Enough!" I say, closing my eyes, gripping the fabric of my pants as I try to focus.

I will not give them what they want.

No matter what.

"Sir."

"Leave us."

When the guard leaves, he turns his attention to me.

"Why do protect them? Their secrets." He asks.

He lets out a dry chuckle when I tighten my jaw.

"All I'm saying is that it's been a month. Don't you think they should've found you by now?"

"I mean, if I cared about someone I would turn the world upside down to find them, and yet, here you are."

"You are not strong enough to be a part of the them. I'm surprised they took you in at all."

"I'll let you think on it a little more." He adds, standing up.

As he is about to leave, he turns around once more.

"I guess we were wrong. You are not that special after all. But perhaps you might still be useful."

With that, he closes the door, the walls shaking, his footsteps echoing outside.

Lies.

Some time later, he comes back. Again.

"I am going to ask you one more time. Tell us what you know about the enhanced individuals whereabouts and the Avengers."

"There is nothing to tell, Mr. Hydra whoever you are. This is pointless. I don't have the answers you want, and like you said, I'm not special."

"I can't tell you something I don't know, no matter how hard you try."

"Well, we still have one more trick up our sleeve." He says.

He is about to stand up, when his watch beeps.

"About time." He says. "Looks like they do care about you after all."

"No!"

He smirks as he closes the door, the sound echoing through the walls.

No. No. No.

"Hey! Come back!" I yell, gritting my teeth as I try to break free from the restraints.

"It's a trap." I mutter under my breath, biting my lower lip in frustration.

There's nothing I can do.