000

"Dear Diary, Entry 16 of 199X

I feel like I'm being followed."

When she clicked her toungue it felt like she was licking glass shards

When she clicked her toungue it felt like she was licking glass shards. The cold air making her toungue deep cool red and dry as a bone and the roof of her toungue tough as cold metal walls.

Despite her apathetically sad face that looked like she lost something important, her body racked up shivers like she was crying hysterically. Fingers twitching at random times and bottoms uncomfortably moving deeper into the white flurry mess called snow. The deepness of the snow was due to a snowstorm last night. [Name] couldn't sleep that night. The snow fall was harsh and it felt like someone was knocking on her window.

Her thoughts all jumbled up like a unorganized record store. Her head pounding so much that it felt like loud music was going into both ears and never coming back out. Overheating her somewhat jaundiced eyes.

Though a recent memory stood out from the countless ones she had of that place.

Sitting down on the transfusion chair, lies a girl in a dotted hospital gown with nothing underneath. Her hair on a messy bun her mother quickly did her. On her left, a woman in her 40's stood with her arms crossed before it was on her face.

The woman's iridescent eyes were glossy. Her somewhat long nails lightly tapped her agape lips.

"There must be a way!" Angry yet sad tears threatened to fall.

"I'm sorry ma'am, but there is no other way" brown hair swayed as the man neared the woman trying to calm her down; Right hand held the woman's left quaking shoulder. "Again, Ellott's disease is a terminal illness. It cannot be cured, madam... We have discussed this countless times." He repeated what he usually said, but this time with a bit of desperation.

This was doctor she grew up with, doctor August Browne. He was always a patient man...

'Come to think of it, he should be thirty-seven tomorrow'

He was young and smart. Therefore became her doctor even when he was just a resident. Her father declared it. The higher ups of the hospital protested, but they came to the agreement that whenever she came, a doctor would supervise them both.

The girl raised her head and looked at the blue clock that blended in with the white-blue walls just above the polished wooden door; she catched doctor Browne's resident's dark black eyes when she looked down from the loudly ticking clock.

It was already January one; the start of a new year, it should be a happy day, but hearing that she had two years at most to live made her feel like a damn cornered rat.

All her life, she had to follow such strict rules, yet the poor girl can't even live past the raw age of twenty-four at most. What was the point of drinking all those medications?

What was the point of her restrictive diet?

She felt pathetic. And she hated it.

So after a month of thinking, she 'ran away'. Only wearing a denim jacket and only sporting pink sneakers that weren't even insulated.

'Perhaps... I should go home now. It's been a few hours...' Her eyes darted left and right, before slowly standing up, making sure she doesn't get dizzy in the process.

Walking to a nearby small rock, she took her shoes that were placed on the snow with her two fingers and wore it. Wearing her bag snuggly again, she turned on her small GPS attached to her bag that let her parents know where she was if something happened.

Walking towards the direction was oddly silent. When she came here earlier, tons of birds were chirping. She concluded that the sound of the tin bottle clasped on her bag scared them away.

Until she heard a sudden static sound.

The hairs on her body rose up. The sound was so thin yet strong. The sound cut through the cold silence like a dull knife cutting a fruit.

Turning around swiftly, she saw nothing with her shaking eyes, so the girl just continued on her way faster than her original pace. Unbeknownst to her retreating form, a tall bony figure followed the smaller figure back to her home just right behind her.

His fingers itching to grab hold of the straps of her bag. But he will wait. So unlike his impatient technique.

 So unlike his impatient technique

Ellott's disease is created by me. It is not a real thing yall

Actually hate this chapter lol