Perfect Peace (5)

Start from the beginning

Avni made Neil look at her as she took her face in her palms. She could feel her heart racing at an abnormal speed & she could feel her skin heat up with desire. She kissed him on his lips as her hands fisted his hair. She had now almost thrown herself upon him & because of the sudden action, Neil stumbled back until his back hit the wall and his arms landed on her waist in an attempt to steady themselves. 

The moment Neil actually registered what was happening, he pulled her closer into his chest & kissed her back. He sucked on her lower lip earning a pleasant moan from her as his hold on her waist tightened. 

Avni could feel herself being consumed by the kiss. She traced one of her hands on his chest as their tongues fought for dominance. She needed this, she needed him! Much to Avni's dismay, they had to pull back to catch breath. 

N - What was that for? - he asked in shallow breathes. 

A - That was me wishing you good luck for your match, Neil. - she replied while he just blinked at her in equal parts shock & surprise. She chuckled looking at his dazed eyes as a blush crept up on her face. Neil, these last five days, when you were away, I missed you, a lot! And, I don't want to miss you anymore. I am trying to let go of my past & move on with life, will you please help me with it? - she hopefully asked. 

Neil just smiled in response as he kissed her forehead. 

N - I'll be there, at every step, Avni. All you have to do is ask! - he smiled.  

A - You know, I had once met this really crazy fellow in a theatre & he had taught me this really stupid trick - that whenever you're sad, you should close your eyes & picture the thing or person that keeps you going in life & then be that version of yourself that the said thing or person likes you to be! So, earlier, when I closed my eyes, I used to envision just Seher, but if you ask me now, its not just her anymore, Neil. - she looked at him while he looked back at her. 

N - Who do you picture now, Avni? - he whispered. 

A - You holding Seher in your arms! - she answered truthfully while he could not hide the grin that found home on his face. 

_____________________

If someone said that Neil was busy the following two weeks, it would be a clear understatement. He had two matches & the finals of the tournament at the end of the second week & to say the least, his coach wouldn't let him breathe. Neil was practicing day & night with little sleep due to the anxiety building up for the finals.

In these two weeks, Neil only saw Avni when she brought him coffee during the small break that she got at her work. They mostly conversed on phone while Neil was driving back to his home after the practice & he video called Seher during whatever little breaks he got here & there! 

Avni would drop by at his practice along with Seher on the weekends & those were his absolute favourite days of the week. Shweta invited Avni for dinner sometimes so that Neil could get some time with her & Seher. 

They had won the tournament & Neil had skipped the celebration party to get some sleep in his precious fluffy bed. 

It was now, day after the finals that Neil could actually feel his sour muscles because of all the physical activity during the last month. He almost wanted to go for a vacation to relax but Coach had specifically instructed not to, as he had to start practice from the next week for an upcoming tournament. 

To relax a bit, he planned an outing with Avni & Seher tonight. He had informed Avni that he'd be picking her up by sending her a text. When she asked him where they were going, he had simply said that it was a surprise. He could practically feel Avni rolling her eyes after reading the text.