Perfect Peace (4)

Start from the beginning

N- Okay. Its great knowing that I am important to you! But, why do you think they won't like you? I mean, have you ever looked at yourself? How can someone not like you? 

A(chuckles humourlessly)- Well, apparently, people do not like me, Neil! Guess, I am not enough for them! 

N - If you're referring to that douchebag ex of yours, then please don't, okay! He wasn't worthy of you! And, I respect you for the stand that you took for yourself & left him! That's what I love the most about you, Avni! You don't stand injustice, you've your opinions & you express them! Aur agar kisiko bhi isse problem hai na, toh problem usmein hai, tum mein nhi! - he was almost angry now but made sure that he spoke to her as calmly as possible!

A- Neil, single parenting & divorces aren't that common yet in our society. Main chahe kitna bhi aage badhun, the society will always pull me back. -she said slowly, more like convincing herself that she couldn't be with him the way she wanted to be! 

And then, there was again this fight inside of her, of letting him go, of cutting him off completely & of holding on to him, of being by his side always! 

Reaching his home, Neil stopped the car & both of them got out of the car. Neil went to the back seat & carried Seher in his arms. As they walked towards the main door, Neil held her hand, making her turn aside to look at him. 

N- Avni, all I know is that you're not some bedside book, jisse jab chahe padh liya aur jab chahe wapas rakh diya aur palat kar dekha bhi nhi, no! you don't deserve that! What you deserve to be is that novel which is to be read completely & thoroughly, cover to cover! -he told her slowly & patiently. And, Avni knew that what he meant by that wasn't just the literal meaning of the words, but it was way much more deeper than that!  Avni, sweetheart, I understand what happened in the past was not easy to deal with, but you need let it go, you need to understand that it was not your fault. Just look at yourself, it's been three years since that & you're doing so good. You've a great job that pays you off well, you're a strong mother to this little ball of sunshine & you are you, Avni! The gorgeous magical you! Please trust yourself & let it go!

Avni did not say anything, she could not! She could feel her throat clogging up due to the high of emotions she was on. She pulled back her hand from his hold that he was holding all this while which made him flinch at the harshness. Averting eyes from his deep stare, she rang the bell, inhaling & exhaling deeply to calm her racing heart down. 

__________________ 

Hearing the doorbell, an excited Shweta opened the door within a moment & hugged the life out of Avni, not literally though!

S- Oh my god! I finally got to meet you, Avni! -she exclaimed while Avni hugged her back smilingly, however eyes were still locked with Neil.

Avni saw Neil exhaling while running his fingers through Seher's hair who was still in his arms. Usually, he had a constant smile on his face but at that moment, it wasn't there, and she very well knew the reason behind its absence too!

Like anyone else around, Avni too, wasn't unaware of the fact that Neil had feelings for her. He had time & again made them quite obvious for her to understand what he felt about her, about them. Up till now she had successfully dodged to accept them, but things were getting serious now, they were getting deeper & it wasn't long that Avni could continue to pretend to be oblivious to them.

N- Mom, stop being so dramatic! She has just come over for a dinner, you're acting like Jaya Bachchan from Kabhi Khushi Kabhi Gham! -he said & walked inside while Avni just let out a helpless sigh.