Chapter 6

I wake up to snoring so I push Hayes off the bed.

"Really," he says.

"Yea."

"No your getting it," he says jumping on me.

"Hayes stop," I say as he pins my arms down and looks into my eyes. He leans down and kisses me, hard.

"HONEY IM HOME COME DOWN, I NEED TO TELL YOU SOMETHING," my mom yells.

"Shit," I breathe out and Hayes jumps off me. I point to the closet and run downstairs.

"Hey you need me," I say and pick up Olivia.

"Yes, this is hard for me go say but...me and your father are getting a divorce."

"What, no," I say putting Olivia down.

"I'm sorry," she says.

"NO," I say crying "you love each other." She shakes her head.

"No," I say walking upstairs. Olivia starts crying.

"Hayes," I say and open the closet door " "meet me in the back." I grab a few things and throw them in a backpack.

"Kennedy don't leave, where would you even go," she says tears threatening to spill from her eyes.

"I'm not about to watch this family fall to shit and I'm going to Aunt Stacy's." I walk outside in tears and and find Hayes by the mailbox.

"Are you okay," he says. I shake my head and gates raps his arms around me.

"Come on," he says picking me up and putting me on his back. I cry into his back as he brings me too his house.

He sits me on his lap on his bed.

"Okay what happened," Hayes says.

"Their getting a divorce," I say wiping under my eyes.

"I'm so sorry."

"Me too," I say standing up.

"Do you want me to bring you to your aunts," he says.

"Please," I say. We walk downstairs and I see what I'm guessing is Hayes's mom and his little sister.

"Hi dear I'm Hayes's mom and this is Skylynn," she says.

"Hi I'm Kennedy," I say.

"Nice to meet you," she says and Hayes pulls her to the side. I hear some of there conversation.

"Her family is going through some stuff and she needs a ride to her aunts," Hayes says.

"Of course and Hayes she's beautiful," his mom says.

"Yea I'm aware," Hayes says which makes me blush.

"Alright dear where's your aunt live," she asks.

"Not far, she's only a few minutes up the road but it's too far to walk," I say.

"Alright dear come on," she says and Hayes picks up Skylynn.

He sits her in her car seat and I sit in the middle with him on the other side of me.We pull up at my aunts and me and I knock on the door with Hayes.

"Hey aunt Tay," I say when she opens the door.

"Hey are you okay," she says.

"I'm fine but I was wondering if I could stay for a little while."

"Of course, and this is," she says.

"Oh sorry this is Hayes, my boyfriend," I say.

"Well nice to meet you," she says and motions us to come inside.

"Bye my moms waiting," Hayes says and kisses my cheek.

"Bye," I say.

"Okay spill what happened," Tay says.

"Well mom and dad are getting a divorce and I told her I wasn't watching this family fall to shit," I say. My aunt is one of those young fun aunts that really let you do anything really.

"I would have said the same thing."

"And Hayes," she says.

"We're doing a project together and he asked me out."

"He's hot isn't he?"

"Tay," I say covering my face.

"He is that's why your blushing," she says.

"Yes okay," I say laughing.

"Ooh," she says messing with me "I've got work tonight so I won't be home until in the morning. She a nurse that works night shift.

"Alright see you then," I say and bring my bag up to the guest room.

"Bye see you in the morning," Tay yells.

I check my phone and see a text from Hayes.

{Phone Convo}
Hayes- I'll see you tonight.

Me- Head here now.

Hayes- On my way.

I lock my phone and walk downstairs and sit on the couch. I hear a knock at the door. I walk over and open it. Hayes walks in and wraps his arms around me and spins me around.