10. Never fight a Goyle

CHAPTER TEN
NEVER FIGHT A GOYLE

"WELL FROM THAT WE CAN SAFELY SAY, ABERNATHY IS A COMPLETE AND UTTER ARSEHOLE!" Theo said once they left DADA. Augustine had never heard him so angry before.

"No kidding," Bunny replied, "never seen a teacher have it out for a student like he did before,"

Augustine shifted in his place uncomfortably, "he does not have it out for me!" Of course he didn't. Augustine was just being arrogant. It was his fault entirely.

After almost killing Tom, and the worst DADA lesson Augustine had ever had, he'd forgotten about his dear brother until he saw him come round the corner.

"Augustine! There you are!" He'd come from the other direction, smiling that big smile of his as he waved to one of his new Gryffindor friends goodbye. Augustine tried to look the other way, but found it hard once he started to bound towards him.

Augustine felt a groan escape Abraxas from behind him, thank merlin someone else didn't like him .

"He's more annoying than Bunny, and that's saying something," Abraxas muttered quietly once Vincent neared them. Augustine thought Vincent reminded him of Bunny in a way, but more annoying like Abraxas had said, and less manic.

Vincent hugged Augustine again, he was always big on hugging, and knew Augustine hated it. He must've revelled in making him awkward.

"I heard you're coming to the Gryffindor party?" He asked raising a brow, his eyes now staring at the other Knights strangely.

"I am," Augustine replied stiffly wondering how Vincent knew.

"Anyone else going?" Vincent asked to the rest of the Knights.

"I am!" Augustine whirled to look at Bunny.

"You are?" He asked madly, "why?"

Bunny shrugged, a smile that looked fake spread across his face. The only reason why Augustine could tell it was faked was because that was Augustine's normal smile.  "because I can?"

Vincent smiled, "oh really? Can't wait to see you guys there!" And then he was off in the opposite direction, giving them a wave.

Augustine turned to face the Knights, mainly staring at Tom, who's eyes hadn't left Vincent's retreating figure.

....

Why was Bunny going to the party? Was he even invited? Who invited him? The questions ran through Augustine's head over and over again  as he entered the common room later that day, the thoughts had infected him, all he could think about was that. Bunny had infringed on the only thing Augustine had been excited about, getting his grubby hands all over it.

Maybe this was the point of no return, the moment Bunny had dug his own grave, ready to lie in it. Now all Augustine had to do was slice his throat.

His head was swimming with these thoughts that he hadn't noticed Abraxas lounging on the sofa as he entered.

Lounging is the only word Augustine could describe it as; all the Knights did it, lounge. Lounging about with no sense of urgency, just waiting for things to happen.