02. New beginnings

CHAPTER TWO
NEW BEGINNINGS

JUNO BAPTISE SAT ON THE BENCH, STARING AT HIM AS HE ENTERED THE CHANGING ROOM. The last time a girl had waited in the changing rooms for him, he had gotten kissed, and then love potioned, so you could see why he was slightly on edge about the whole thing. Girls were confusing creatures even on their best days. They could snap and bite, even if they were smiling.

"Juno," he greeted as he slammed his uniform down by his place.

Practice would start in a few minutes, he was late as it is, seeing as there were no more classes for the next week. The Christmas holidays were approaching meaning that Professors had been kind enough to postpone classes until the new year. He didn't exactly need Juno to chew him out over something stupid for him to miss his last Qudditch practice of the year.

As well as this, he wanted to avoid Rosier as much as possible, so by being late automatically made Augustine and Rosier clean up afterwards, apparently one of Bunnys punishments just for Rosier after they kicked him out, and if you were late, you had to clean up with him.

The feeling he had towards Rosier was a mixture of guilt, at taking his spot within the Knights, and a feeling of doom, of what would happen to Augustine, he'd be Rosier. He didn't want to be Rosier cleaning up after everyone.

"August,"

"Augustine," he corrected as he neared forwards, "what can I do for you?"

"I wanted to congratulate you, sober this time." She eyed him, looking him up and down. Her tone complimentary and when she smiled, Augustine thought for a split second that she was pretty.

"Thanks? Is this the part where I say I'm sorry for avoiding you or something?"

"Bingo girl killer". He winced a little at the nickname before replying, "well, I'm sorry then." Liar. He thought suddenly. He didn't know why he was lying. It wasn't as if he really cared about hurting Juno's feelings.

"Apology accepted, now please come down to the black lake later? We miss you," she meant herself, Sai and Ivan. Though he couldn't say anything, he barely remembered the pair well enough to miss them. Juno had been the only one to actively make an impression on him.

"Fine. Now can I get changed?"

"Of course girl killer, see you later!" She called before spinning on her heel and exiting the changing rooms.

....

After practice, Augustine raced to the black lake, as per Juno's request. He had told Bunny all about it once he had stopped yelling at him for being late, Bunny had then been quite overjoyed, even giving him tips on how to bag Juno.

He found Juno where she said she would be, sitting crossed legged with both Sai and Ivan.

He approached them awkwardly, he was going to announce to them that he'd arrived like an idiot when Juno perked up, "hey August! Come sit!" She tapped the open seat besides her, they were sitting on someone's blanket to avoid the soggy ground.

He nodded, sitting down besides her, the two boys stare at him oddly before Sai spoke up, "are they vampires?"

Augustine looked at him confused, "excuse me?"