04. A run in with Bunny Goyle

CHAPTER FOUR
A RUN IN WITH BUNNY GOYLE 

HE WAS IN BED BY THE TIME THE KNIGHTS COME BACK FROM THEIR LATE NIGHT ADVENTURES. After a week of being at Hogwarts, the main thing August observed about the Knights, as they were so called according to Juno, he'd laughed in her face when she told him their group name, ( It sounded like a badly named music group )
was that they liked to spend considerable amounts of time out in the forbidden Forrest.

He'd wondered what on earth they were doing out in the cold, but he didn't have to wonder much, seeing as they spoke loudly when they came back to the dormitory, where August would lie awake listening to them.

Like tonight.

"It's well hard! How does he do it!" One voice said and August knew it to be Edmund straight away. He gave it away easily from his sing song cheery voice that only he had.

"Godric knows," next said another, this time it was Abraxas, who spoke in a huff, "how's necromancy that hard?" He questioned.

Tom laughs softly, he knows it's Tom, he laugh is almost heavenly, almost. "I told you we need him,"

August raised a brow, obviously they were speaking about him, how could they not? He didn't know anymore necromancers.

"I thought it would've been easy! The damned thing wouldn't even move!" Abraxas complained again and Augustine stifled a laugh as he listened in.

It wasn't hard to piece together what had happened, obviously they had killed an animal in the woods, and tried to bring it back for some reason.

"It's because you're not doing it right," August perked up finally exposing himself through laughter, "your will isn't strong enough to want it back," he explained quite smugly, sticking his head through the curtains to see the boys.

The boys in question were standing next to Tom's bed. Abraxas frowned at him, but Tom just smiled. "Thank you, We'll remember that next time," Tom said kindly.

August shrugged, "you're welcome, what are you doing?"

"Oh, but you didn't want to join us? Why should I tell you?" A smirk grew on Tom's face in a triumphant manner and August grits his teeth in annoyance at the boy's proud expression.

"What if I were to join you?" August bursted out embarrassingly. He so desperately wanted to understand what they were doing. If he had to know by being embarrassing then that would be that.

Abraxas smirked from besides Tom.

Edmund must've gone to wash his hands in the bathroom because he bounded back in seconds later and stopped dead in his tracks at the sight.

"Hey girl killer," he teases grinning, regaining his jovial composure that normally spread across his face.

"Not my name," August quipped back irritated at the big oath that stood grinning that stupid grin of his.

He didn't like Edmund, he found him rather annoying, with his out of tune singing and his arrogance.

"Better than August isn't it? Who names their child after a month?" Edmund replied back viciously, his eyes blown out causing August to turn away for a moment. His eyes were almost as uncomfortable as Abraxas'.