02. A meeting with God

CHAPTER TWO
A MEETING WITH GOD

AUGUSTINE LAWRENCE HAD NEVER BEEN TO KINGS CROSS STATION. he had heard of it, with its domed ceilings and trains departing left and right, bringing soldiers in from war, nurses at the ready. He had never been there, now as he held his head up high, he scanned the muggle faces—dull and lifeless things, he felt rather large standing there, taking in the mundaneness.

Then, he was hurried onto nine and three quarters; and suddenly he felt very small. Students, laughing and talking about their endeavours, older wizards in their regular attire, he felt odd amongst all of them. As if he didn't belong there at all. Snapping himself mentally, he scowled.

Get a fucking grip august.

He scolded angrily, you were a god at that damned school, you will be one here.

The first thought that enters August's mind as he leant his head against the train window with his legs propped up onto the seat was; merlins beard, England is boring.

The thought entered his mind as as he watched the rolling green hills; there was a grey tinge to everything, not like in France. Like, yes, theres not that much sun to go around in France either but at least the accents and the buildings were nice, here in Augusts home country, there was just nothing but hills and rain, and he hated it.

But he hated most things, a boy full of hate. Thankfully, he hated Beauxbatons more. The feeling was overridden by a feeling of pure joy. He was free! He'd gotten away with just a smack on the wrist— well, that's what he gets when he practiced his lines so well. Of course Madame DuPont believed him, he was a smart boy, he knew how people worked in the end.

However, as he sat in a deserted compartment alone, dread crept up inside of him, what will other people think of him? The news had obviously gotten around; students had stared at him once he entered the train. However, they might've not known, maybe they were enamoured by his looks, like most people usually are.

And that was not all, the real reason his parents sent him off to Beauxbatons instead of Hogwarts in the first place was because of their own misdeeds, having been supporters of Grindlewald from the beginning.

Would he be rejected entirely because of these factors? These thoughts bubbled up within him, his chest right, all he wanted to do was curl up into a ball and die.

now that's not very social of you.

he thought dully, he'd gotten kicked out of Beauxbatons just so he can sulk in a compartment on his own? So he can worry about what other people think of him? no, he doesnt think so, he wont let the bubbling anxiety inside him burst, overflowing until he's suffocating in it.

he brought his feet down and planted them hard onto the floor. He placed a hand over his beating heart, praying it to calm down as he brought himself to open the compartment door through gritted teeth.

The sound of chatter made him shrivel into himself as he stood in the doorway. He saw students in different coloured robes talking and smiling, the sounds were all too loud, his heart had begun to hammer loudly against his rib cage violently.

I cant do this

The thought dawning over him, he turned for the door to go back to his lonely compartment, a shaking hand on the door ready to shut himself off. However, before he could, he heard someone's voice, causing him to stop in place.

" you must be new,"

he turned back, his eyes trail over the figure talking to him. " yeah? and?" he replied annoyance taking over as he tucks his shaking hands into his pockets.