Chapter 6

Crystals' POV:

Monday afternoon I am woken up by my little brother Sam jumping on my bed before falling on top of me. I gave him a light growl and shoved him off.

"Grandpa said you were gone all weekend, where were you, moms pretty mad," He spoke now lying next to me.

"I made some friends, we were hanging out," I told him with no further explanation.

"What time is it?" I asked lifting my head to glance at him.

"6 o'clock, moms taking us to the boardwalk you coming?" He asked.

"Yes, now get out so I can change," He does as told and I get up and change into (chapter photo) before heading downstairs, I grab my jacket off the back of a chair and slide it on as I come face to face with my mother.

"Hi, mom," I say pushing past her.

"Not so fast." She says, I turn around and face her.

"What?" I ask.

"I need to find a job and since you've been running wild since you got here you're going to help me find one." I let out a groan.

"I don't wanna hear it, go wait in the car," I made my way outside and sat in the passenger seat. A few moments later my mom got in the driver's seat and my brothers got in the back, the drive to the boardwalk was relatively silent as the radio was the only sound to be heard. When we arrived mom allowed the boys to go explore and drug me along with her to go find a job.

"So, do you know any places that are hiring?" She asked me, I shrugged before remembering the boys mentioning a video store.

"Some friends of mine mentioned a video store, we could go check it out," She agrees and we walk along looking for it.

"Mom!" I get her attention before pointing to the store, we turn to head in when mom finds a crying child. She grabs his hand and pulls him into the store asking the store owner if he's seen the boy's mother. The boy's mother comes running in and picks him up, she thanks my mom and leaves with the boy after Max hands him a sucker. I steal one out of the bowl popping it in my mouth as Max eyes me wearily, I've met him once before, the boys introduced me a few days ago. I wander around the store ignoring Max and my mom's conversation not paying much attention until I feel a familiar presence behind me. I turn around and met David's ice blue eyes, he smirks at me and I give a mischievous smile back. The boys all circle around me and whisper jokes and dirty comments in my ear causing me to giggle, my giggling caught my mom and Max's attention.
Ok
"I told you not to come in here anymore," Max says glaring at the boys, David gives his cocky smile and turns to walk out, wrapping his arm around my shoulder to lead me out with them. I went to follow them out but was stopped by my mother.

"Where are you going?" She asked.

"out with my...Friends?" I said though it sounded more like a question as I tried to figure out a word for our relationship without my mother finding out.

"no you're not, you're grounded," She stated and I rolled my eyes.

"I am nineteen years old, a legal adult, you can't ground me, now I'm going to go hang out with my friends," I said to her with a glare on my face, David kissed the side of my head and lead me outside with the others, we got on the bikes with me sitting behind Paul. Star came over and got on with David while Laddie got on Dwayne's bike.

"He's been following us, it's scaring me," Laddie whispered in Dwayne's ear but we all heard it, I look for who he was talking about to see my brothers. My brothers noticed me on the back of Paul's bike and Michael glared, I gave him a smirk before leaning forward and kissing Paul's cheek, After that we peeled out and headed back to the cave.