Chapter 2

Crystals' POV:

I cut the engine of my bike and got off walking it to a spot away from view so no one would try to steal it. I parked it next to four others that looked similar but all different colors, before heading off to find something to eat. I ended up at this Chinese place and got some noodles and orange chicken. I had just finished eating when I heard what sounded like a kid yelling for someone.

"Star!?" I approached the kid and crouched down in front of him.

"Hey what's wrong buddy, are you lost?" He looked apprehensive at first but spoke to me anyway.

"Star was supposed to be watching me but she ran off and now I can't find anyone." He looked ready to cry as he explained his situation.

"Is there somewhere you are supposed to go if you get lost?" He nodded.

"Daddy always said to go back to the bikes." I smiled at him and held out my hand to him.

"come on, I'll stay with you until someone comes back, ok?" He nodded and grabbed my hand dragging me back over to where I parked my bike. I sat on my bike and he stood in front of me talking about his 'family'.

"Star is supposed to watch me when we go out but she mostly just leaves me on my own until dad can come get me. he isn't actually my dad though and he doesn't know I call him that, please don't tell him." His eyes held fear as he stared up at me, I pretended to zip my lips and throw away the key.

"I won't tell a soul," I said to him, his grin returned to his face until he heard someone.

"Laddie! There you are." It was a woman a little younger than me wearing a white tank top and a skirt, her hair was wild and dark and she had this deer in headlights look on her face when she saw me. Laddie turned from her and ran around my bike to hide behind me.

"That's Star, the one who leaves me." He whispered as he clung to my shoulders.

"Laddie, thank goodness you're alright, don't run off again." She said trying to scold him, she turned her attention to me and said.

"Thank you, kids, right, always running off." She chuckled nervously.

"I didn't run off, you left me!" he yelled back at her, just as he said that four guys started walking our way. Laddie took off running in their direction before jumping on the dark-haired one, who was the tallest of the four. He started whispering in his ear and the man glanced at me before nodding and putting Laddie back down. They finally made it to where I was and stood around me.

"And who are you?" The platinum blond said.

"My name is Crystal, and you are?" I asked raising a brow.

"I'm David, this is Dwayne, Paul, and Marko," He says each giving some form of greeting as he says their name.

"Nice to meet you," I say before going silent as I didn't know what to say next.

"Laddie says you watched him while you waited for us," Dwayne said in an almost questioning tone.

"Yeah he was wandering around by himself so I brought him back here and waited with him," I replied.

"Thank you, I didn't realize how often Star was leaving him alone." I gave him a smile and moved to sit properly on my bike.

"Well it was nice meeting you guys but I should probably be heading back." Laddie gave a whine as I said this.

"Why don't you come hang out with us for a bit, you know where Hudson's Bluff is?" David asked me.

"Sure, why not, I got nothing else to do. No, I don't know where that is." I replied.

"Well then follow us." The boys went over and got on their bikes, I started mine and revved the engine as they began to do the same. Star was riding with David and Laddie with Dwayne, Paul and Marko started to push each other around until David took off the rest of us following his lead.