Chapter 21

Juliette arrived at the office on the Friday before Christmas to find a box on her desk. She looked up to see Andy watching her from his office. She looked inside to find a red and black lace masquerade mask and a ticket to the ball.

She closed the box as she stood up to take it into Andy's office, closing the door behind her, scoffing, "Andy

She closed the box as she stood up to take it into Andy's office, closing the door behind her, scoffing, "Andy. What is this?"

He shrugged, standing up from his desk as he grabbed another box. "That one is for you. I want you to come. Please." He opened his box to display another black and red mask.

" He opened his box to display another black and red mask

"So we'll match. Please come Jules." He grabbed both boxes, setting them both on his desk. He placed his hand on her cheek when she didn't say anything. "I miss you Jules. So much." He ran his thumb over her lower lip as she whimpered softly and closed her eyes, parting her lips for him. He grinned as he leaned down, kissing her softly on the lips as he felt her wrap her arms around his neck. He felt her tongue when he kissed her again, making him moan as he pulled her body to his as the kiss became more intense. She moaned as he turned her to press her against the wall, trailing kisses down her chin.

Juliette panted, whimpering, "Andy. Stop." She heard him sigh as he pulled away, both of them out of breath. She picked up her box, "I'll think about it. Okay?"

Andy nodded, "what are you doing for Christmas? Come over."

She scoffed, "no way. I'm not spending Christmas with your family Andy."

Andy shook his head, "Laurie found her own place. We're splitting Christmas this year. And I filed the divorce papers. The kids miss you Jules."

Juliette sighed, looking at the ground, "that's great and everything Andy. But I'm going to New York to visit Pete for Christmas." She held up the box as she looked up at him, "thanks for the mask. I'll think about it."

Andy smiled, "I hope you show up Jules."

~~~

"Julie! I'm so glad you're here." Peter smiled and took Juliette's bag from her as he let her into his house a few days before Christmas.

Juliette looked up to see a dark haired woman standing behind him, "hi! I'm Julie." She held her hand out to the woman who smiled.

Peter chuckled, shaking his head, "sorry. Julie, this is my girlfriend, Aimee."

Juliette looked at her brother as she shook Aimee's hand, "you didn't tell me you had a girlfriend when you came to visit me Pete."

He shrugged, "you seemed to have enough going on. Speaking of, I assume that's why you decided to come to New York at the last minute?"

Juliette sighed and nodded, "yeah. I'm sorry if I'm intruding."

Aimee shook her head as she led them to the living room, "don't be. It's all good. We are looking forward to spending time with you and I'm looking forward to getting to know you."

"Thanks." She smiled and sat beside Aimee on the couch. "I'm looking forward to it too."

Peter sat on the coffee table across from them on the couch, "so. Out with it. What's going on with you and Andy?"

Juliette sighed, "I'm not sure. He's officially filed for divorce, so there is that. But I don't know Pete." She groaned, resting her head back on the back of the couch.

Peter looked from Aimee, back to Juliette as Aimee stood up to go into the other room. Peter sighed, sitting next to his sister. "Julie. Look at me."

She hesitated, but looked back at Peter, "what?"

"I was wrong, I think you do need a lecture." He smiled as he heard her groan and she rolled her eyes. He patted her thigh to make her look at him, "just look at me. Look little one, so you slept with a married man. You might have gone about the relationship all wrong, but that doesn't mean that it can't go anywhere. You said he filed for divorce. And I saw the way you looked at each other. You're in love with him, I know you are. So why run away?"

Juliette shrugged, "I don't know. Because what's the point? Everyone is going to judge us. No one will ever take me seriously Pete."

Peter shook his head, "that's not true at all. He says he wants to be with you, yeah?"

Juliette nodded, getting up from the couch. She opened her suitcase and pulled the box Andy gave her with the mask. She opened it, showing it to Peter. "He wants me to go with him to a Masquerade Ball on New Year's Eve. But I don't know Pete. I'm scared of putting myself out there."

He looked at the mask, "it's beautiful Julie. Why don't you go?"

She shrugged, "because it would tell everyone we're together? I'm scared Pete. What if after all this, we fail?"

Peter chuckled, "I think you're putting too much pressure on yourself and your relationship before you even start. Think about it."

Juliette sighed and nodded, "I am thinking about it."

~~~

Juliette sat on the couch on Christmas as Peter handed her a box. He looked at Aimee, smiling before looking back at his sister, "Aimee helped me. I hope you like it."

She shook her head as she looked at the box, "Pete. You really didn't have to get me anything."

He shrugged with a smile, "just open it little one."

Juliette sighed, removing the lid to display a red dress. She stood up, holding it up to herself. It was long and strapless with a mermaid skirt with lace and black appliqué on the bodice. It had a matching black appliqué around the bottom. "Oh my god, Peter! This is so beautiful!"

He smiled, "wear it to the ball Julie. I think it matches your mask quite well."

She nodded, "it does." She set the dress down before wrapping her brother in a hug. "Thank you big brother."

He chuckled, "go get your man little one."

Juliette laughed, hitting him on the chest. "We'll see." She wiped away a stray tear from her cheek at her brother's thoughtfulness. Though she had three older brothers, Peter was always the one that took care of her and supported her the most. Even now he always made sure to support her even if he didn't agree with her decisions.