"Still be proud of yourself. You've come a long way." Robert stated as he rolled over.

"Now go back to sleep." He stated and Onika turned in his bed.

"Can I sleep here?" She asked she heard a hum and took it as a yes.

.
.

6 year old Onika

Onika heard rattling—and shaking of something as she laid awake in bed surrounded by her stuffed animals.

it was disturbing her sleep, and she was kind of scared. She got up and grabbed her favorite stuffed animal, "Mr. Bear" and quietly walked to Mings room.

She opened her door quietly and shook her, to hear her groan. "What?" She asked and Onika pouted.

"I hear a sound." Onika stated as Ming got up rubbing her eyes, "We all hear sounds Onika." She muttered.

"No—no but it's coming from the bathroom. Ming ming can you please check it out with me?" Onika begged.

"I dont even hear—" Ming cut herself off when she did hear rustling coming from their bathroom. The two sisters eyed each other.

Ming took Onikas hand before dropping it, "Stay here." She stated. Onika pouted; she wanted to see what it was.

"Is it a monster?" Onika asked and Ming shook her head, "Probably not." The older sibling mumbled.

Ming walked outside of her room and tip toed to the bathroom where she could see a shining light, she heard a cream and directed her head to Onika who decided to follow her.

"Why don't you ever listen to directions?" Ming asked harshly. "I wanted to see." Onika whined.

Ming just rolled her eyes and peaked in the bathroom, along with Onika right behind her.

They saw their farther—snorting some sort of white powder, Ming knew what it was. Onika didn't.

"What's he doing?" Onika asked and Ming just covered Onikas eyes, "His nightly routine." Ming mumbled.

She picked Onika up, the girl was pretty small— and walked her back to her room. "Stay here—and I mean it this time." Ming stated pointing a finger at Onika and the younger girl nodded.

Ming walked back outside, heading towards the bathroom with a little knock. Robert turned around and was in shock seeing his 12 year old.

"M-Ming I uh—"

Ming just shook her head, "You're lying to mama. You say you're getting better and then do this. With your kids in the house? Onika almost saw." Ming said harshly.

Ming had to grow up faster than she would've liked, her parents were always so busy arguing or working that she was often the one taking care of Onika—playing with her even though at times she was reluctant, walking her to school, attempting to distract her from behaviors like this.

"Ming I—

"Don't give me excuses, I'm old enough to know what the hell that is dad. I'm not stupid." She mumbled walking away and Robert was stunned.