Chapter 7

Percy's POV....

I have been her for six days. I figured that was a reasonable enough time to desire a visit to the mortal world, under a proper excuse. I did not tell about my mother. I felt it was a personal matter. I try to seem normal, and if anyone has noticed my slightly depressed moods or my inclination towards isolation, they haven't pointed it out yet.

I knock on the door which has Tethys nameplate on it. I got this location from Luke, who seemed to know everything about this place. Her book is tucked securely under my arm. A hellhound sleeps peacefully in front of the next door. It doesn't seem like it could wake anytime soon, but my fingers grip Riptide tightly in my jeans' pocket.

The door opened. 'Hola, Percy!' Tethys smiled brightly. She was still in her pajamas.

'Hello,' was my polite reply.

The hellhound sniffed. My eyes immediately went to it, which she noticed. 'That's Snapneck. He's Hyperion's favourite pet. He's absolutely harmless.'

The hellhound bared its teeth in its sleep and a low growl came from his throat.

'Most of the time,' she muttered.

I wondered at the possibility of it getting its name from its deeds.

'But oh, do come in,' She pulled me in her room and closed the door. 'And what brings you here?'

'I – uh,' I held out her book. 'Your book.'

'Oh yes!' She walks towards her bookshelf and places it there.

 My eyes do a quick sweep of the room. The titan's side of the mansion isn't much different from the demigods' side. There was a flat screen T.V. on the wall, paused in the middle of a movie. I recognized it as the Titanic, I have seen it twice already with my mother. A low couch stood near the T.V. , a rumbled blanket and a bowl of popcorn rested on the floor. I can guess what Tethys had been doing.

'Did you read it?'

'Wha – yeah.'

'Did you like it?'

'Yes,' I said sincerely.

'I'm glad,' Tethys smiled. 'Do you want another one?'

A sudden idea formed in my head. Well, not very sudden, since I had been musing on it for a while now. I had asked Ava, and she told me that you get permission from either Luke or Ethan or one of the Titans before leaving this place. Something about gods tracking demigods and concealing there location. 'Tethys?' I asked hesitantly. She hummed as her fingers skimmed over the titles of different books.

'Do you think it could be possible for me to go to the mortal world?'

She turned. 'You want to go away?' She looked sad.

'For a few hours,' I clarified.

 'Oh, of course you can. I absolutely understand you. The shops in the city are full of new fashion this time of the year. And all the handsome young men just coming out and the – Oh I'm rambling! But you go along now.'

I was under the doorway when I remembered another important thing. 'And, uh, about our training –'

'Tomorrow morning,' Tethys pleaded hopefully.

I nodded. 'Anytime.'

'Nine on the dot, don't be late.'

***

Outside the mansion is a wide stretch of grassy grounds. A few scattered trees and flower bushes dot it, forgotten attempts at gardening. A forest surrounds it and the mansion on three sides, growing thicker by the distance.